Friday, May 6, 2011

just a note



I wanted to share some of my cards with everyone. These are three of my favorite "Happy Birthday" designs.



I've been drawing for about as long as I've been playing dress up. Possibly longer! I'm not sure which pastime is my favorite.



The first two cards are hand-drawn designs and the last one has handwritten text and flourishes. I cut out the flowers with little tiny detail scissors. It was tedious! It's been one of the few cards I've reproduced en mass, and I have to cut the flowers for each card. For some reason, I can't figure out how to reproduce things in a timely fashion. Printing is expensive and doesn't always work for my designs. Oh well, it just means all my cards are one of a kind :)

8 comments:

This Charming Style said...

Oh wow, these are so good! I would definitely buy them, you are really talented :) have you thought about sending them to card companys?

CatieBeatty said...

Thank you Harriet :D You know, that's such a simple idea that I didn't even really think about it. Duh! I'm gonna look into it :)

Ashley said...

Catie! Put these on etsy! I had no idea you could draw, and so well too. I heart artists!!!

Ms. Falcon said...

very cute cards. etsy sounds good!(ashley)


http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thanks for you comment dear! Yo made me smile hehehe....
Kisses,

Kirstin said...

These cards are the coolest! You are so talented! The colours and style are awesome!

Cee said...

You made these cards yourself? What a talented lady you are! I can't believe you hand-cut all of those flowers for the last one... Such patience! But it was obviously worth the effort, the result is so lovely. Do you sell your cards anywhere?
xox,
Cee

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

These are great. Have you ever thought about getting your work published?

Blogging tips