Tuesday, May 17, 2011

gowns

Wedding attire was the topic of the day. I spent hours at University Village with my fiance's sister and even splurged on a British Vogue that is a special wedding issue.

I nearly spent $500 on a beautiful dream-gown at J.Crew, but opted for more casual, fun, and unique. All I have to say is that I will be wearing ALL American Apparel when we get married on Thursday. (Makes me laugh)

The dress I wanted at J.Crew looked almost exactly like the one I am wearing in these photos. Same color and length with an empire waist; same column style. The Taryn, as J.Crew calls it, is made of silk chiffon, though, and has a twisted bodice instead of a smocked bodice. Mine is definitely more casual, but you can't beat $10!


Everything is happening all of a sudden, but it's ok. I was a little worried I was missing out on the traditions of longer engagements, but this weekend we bought an engagement ring, so I'm happy :) Especially since it is my dream ring. Sapphire is all I wanted. I could careless about everything else when it comes to engagement rings.

I'm sure you noticed it's on the wrong finger, but at the moment it doesn't fit me! We need to have it for the ceremony, so we've postponed having it re-sized till afterward.

Back to writing announcements :)

In these photos:
Forever21 dress
J.Crew cardigan
Chloe flats
Sapphire & diamond ring from Alana Antique & Estate Jewelry

12 comments:

This Charming Style said...

Congratulations hun! I am so happy for you :) I think you will look beautiful whatever you wear, I can't wait to see the photos! xx

Ashley said...

Aw, yay! Wedding dress shopping! I'm so excited for you. Beautiful ring, too. It's so you!

Ashley said...

Haha, no, the jobs aren't rolling in. I think I'm too old. Thank you for encouragement!

Playing Hooksies said...

Lovely dress. I'm glad your dress will be unique and special to you. Gotta love american apparel ;)

http://playinghooksies.blogspot.com/

Isabel Hendrix said...

you look so lovely! that color is really nice on you.. also you are so stunning.. such a beautiful lady! And I really like your ring. Congrats again on getting married! so excitingg!! I hope you have a good time in your all American Apparel get up :)

http://iflyastarship.blogspot.com/

Ramona said...

Congrats!I wish to both of you all the best!
You are so beautiful no matter what You are wearing ;)
I like this dress and You styled up this look so lovely, You look like Greek goddess


xoxo Ra

augustalolita said...

beautiful outfit and photos <3 i adore your dress, it has such a lovely color!!

RedPoppy said...

A big congratulations on your engagement!! Love the green dress and cardi combo. Can't wait to see photos of your wedding, no doubt you will be looking ab gorg.....xoxo RedPoppy

Thick Threads said...

hey! CONGRATS on the engagement! you look beautiful i love this dress! stunning as always dear

xox
A_Riot
http://thickthreads.blogspot.com/

Ms. Falcon said...

congrats. beautiful ring!

and i lov your dress. so gorgeous.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.com

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

No you cant beat the price of that dress, and I love the color. Your ring is gorgeous!

bea said...

Congratulations!!!! you look brilliantly!!!

Blogging tips