Monday, May 2, 2011

Versatile Blogger


First, I must apologize, because I believe one of my blogger friends has already given me this wonderful award, but I didn't remember till just now! I am sorry I am so feather-brained.
Second, the beautiful and talented Ashley over at StyleCurrent has bestowed this award on me again and written the most wonderful things about me. It made me cry. (Stay tuned for a post dedicated completely to Ashley's amazing sense of style!)

Seven things you might not know about me:
1. I was a ballet dancer from the ages of 3 years to 9 years. I even danced in the Nutcracker!

2. I really, really like bugs & spiders, and have since a young age. I am still thinking about becoming an entomolgist when I grow up. I have all the gear and even pin my own beetles and have spiders in preserving fluid.

3. I have fighter pilot vision. I will be so sad when my eyesight goes, because I won't be able to draw itty-bitty anymore.

4. I lived in Basingstoke, Hampshire for 7 months and I've been there on vacation 2 other times. England is my first true love.

5. The only thing I'm allergic to is shrimp; the little tiny cocktail kind. I puke a lot. The strange thing is that I can eat every other kind of shrimp and shellfish in existence.

6. I have a short attention span. Seven things is too many.

7. When I was little I used to plan huge reenactments of Disney movies. I would make my little sisters dress up like mermaids and we would perform Little Mermaid songs for our dinner guests. I also spent the 2 weeks before my 7th birthday rehearsing Beauty & The Beast and assigning parts to my guests, but it never happened. We didn't have enough kids for all the parts.

And now to pass the award along!

Haiku Ambulance: Zoe is so nice and so cool! Gorgeous, talented, funny; what more could you want! Her blog is always a pleasure to read, so make sure you don't just gawk at the great outfits! Read!

This Charming Style: Harriet has such a unique style and great personality. Definitely a Style Icon!

Papillon Chouette : I'm lucky to know Angie. Like all the girls on this list, I wish I knew her in real life! She's a great writer, as well as having a style all her own, so I encourage you to read her blog!

RedPoppy Fashion: Tanya is an amazing local blogger, who I completely admire. She's insightful and has a great eye for fashion. She also makes gorgeous hats!

RAGS against the MACHINE: Terri is a great writer and has such a classic sense of style!

Statements In Fashion : Collette is so inspirational. She is talented and incredibly hardworking. She is also gorgeous and has a great sense of style. I think she is an important voice in the blogging world, and you should be paying attention to her!

9 comments:

Crystal said...

Congrats Catie!! : )
XOXO,
Crystal (watermoolen)

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks Crystal :) You deserve this award too!!

Ashley said...

Aw, Catie! Thank you for your kind words. They mean a lot to me! I so enjoy following you and your style. I look forward to a long, lovely blogger friendship with you. -)

Pleased to discover a fellow Disney lover. I knew I liked you for a reason!!!

Cee said...

Congratulations on the award! I always love reading your blog, your posts are wonderfully varied and your looks are always chic :) I'm incredibly jealous of your fighter pilot vision... What little eyesight I may have been born with had pretty well dissipated by the time I turned ten, to the point that I can now officially see one foot in front of my face without corrective lenses. Oh, to be able to see...
xox,
Cee

Michelle Elizabeth said...

I recently found you on Hypeed and I think you are adorable. You like look like a Mia Farrow.
:)

http://60smodfox.blogspot.com/

This Charming Style said...

Oh wow, these fatcs are really interesting! I wish I had interesting facts like that... I love it that you love beetles and spiders! :D

Ohhh my gosh thanks so much for passing it on to me! Thats so lovely :) :)..

So do I pass it on now? xx

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks Harriet :) I'm sure you have interesting things. Just talk about how you're British. That will be interesting to people who aren't! lol

You can pass it on if you want! I promise you won't be ostracized if you don't.

Unknown said...

Allergic to Shrimps??? WOw... that would be a nightmare for me... i Love them!!
Thanks for sharing darling.

Im following you :D
www.amintasfashion.blogspot.com

Sora said...

Hi!! there!
I really like your style and yourblog!!
coooooooooooooooooool

Blogging tips