Monday, May 23, 2011

#3 classic/red


Ok, well red lips are more than a trend, I suppose. All the same, they are very popular right now. In my opinion, though, it's always a good time to sport classic red lips.

The models at the Gucci and Dior Spring 2011 shows all sported this classic look. (If you have seen the Dior show, go watch it now! The dresses are possibly the most beautiful things ever created.)

I prefer a warm red, but most people like a cooler shade. I think it is mostly up to preference. If you like warmer tones, try Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick in "Ravish Me Red." If you like the look of cooler reds, try "Fire & Ice."

Red lips can be quite overpowering, so it's best to keep the rest of your look simple. Go for a natural looking shadow and a little bit of mascara.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE it :) For me cooler tones are better, since my skin tone is cool... my hair is also ash blonde at the moment so I have to go for cooler ones :)

i love them all though, I think I own about 6 shades :) some of them only a tiny bit different than the other one, with new york benz fashion week we got a free maybeline sample with a very rich color...

Have a great day!!

Gorgeous Glam said...

Red lips always remind me of hollywood glamour! A woman should always have a tube in her makeup drawer a wear it once in a blue moon don't you agree? It's just a secret weapon of ours! xo

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

red lips are my favorite. it goes well with everything! i favor a cooler shade for work and warmer for partying :)

Blogging tips