Thursday, May 19, 2011

#2 burgundy/maroon



Maybe bright is the wrong word for this lipstick shade, but we can all agree, it is anything but dull! This bold look was seen at YSL's Spring 2011 show, as well as on the runways at Louis Vuitton.

Dark burgundy and maroon lips are harder to pull off, but can look amazing if done correctly. I think it looks best on very pale or very dark complexions. If you're pale and NOT a model (like me) try for a very simple eye. A little bit of eyeliner or mascara is all you need. I also use Clinique's Redness Reducing Powder to even out my skin tone and give me an even fairer complexion.

Try YSL's No. 151 "Sweet Dark" or MAC's "Velvet Teen". I own "Viva Glam" from MAC, but I'm not sure if it's still available in stores.

Side Note: OMG I'M GETTING MARRIED IN AN HOUR! WHY AM I BLOGGING?? Seriously, this is the most laid back wedding day ever. Thank you all for your warm wishes and kind words :) I'm glad I can share this day with such a great community!

8 comments:

Lowri said...

Wow I love that shade.. might try it :)

http://lowri-youcantputyourarmsaroundamemory.blogspot.com/

x

Kathleen said...

Yayyy! Happy day to you! Love this board as well, but, more important, congratulations!

Emanuela said...

love the color of the lipstick!!!

xo Emma

Ashley said...

Aw, Catie! You got married today! I'm soooo excited for you! Enjoy your day!

I agree about this lipcolor and pale skintones. Can't wait to see you wear it. I may just have to try it myself =)

This Charming Style said...

Beautiful colour. I hope everything went well, congrats again! xx

Ramona said...

What?!!! Crazzyy, girl!!! Haha! Oh, hugs and kisses to You! You are amazing! Hope your day gone be beautiful!Congrats, again! :)

Yeah, it's so beautiful shades!

xoxo Ra

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

Um...I LOVE THAT YOU'RE BLOGGING BEFORE YOUR WEDDING AND ITS NOT ABOUT YOUR WEDDING! Yea, all caps was necessary for that. Its so cool that you aren't having you're "Its my day its all about me" post either. You are officially awesome, all the best to you and I hope you have a wonderful wedding. Congrats.
PS--sweet lipstick :)

dcresider said...

Congratulations to you both.

Blogging tips