Thursday, April 12, 2012

Look of the Day: Lemon Meringue & Polka Dots

trophy, seattle, cupcakes, polka dots, blogger, fashion, in style
This look was inspired by Trophy Cupcake's flavor of the month: Lemon Meringue. It's pretty amazing. I've already had two and we're not even half way through April! How can you resist a cupcake filled with lemon curd??

seattle, cupcakes, polka dots, blogger, fashion, in style, blonde, pixie cut
 My dear readers, you are looking at the last polka-dotted item I will ever acquire. I know I've said this before, but this time I really am at polka dot capacity. If it was acceptable, I would buy polka dot everything forever, but that would just be crazy. Instead I am satisfied with this one last skirt. Actually, I am more than satisfied. I am excited to own it and thrilled that I didn't have to pay a penny for it! It's from American Apparel, but I won it from the lovely Folake at Style Pantry. By chance, I was on Twitter when she announced a special "Tweet back" giveaway, and, by chance, it was my name drawn! It arrived in the mail just in time for lunch with my new blogging friends from Seattle Style Bloggers

fleur d'elise, blonde, pixie cut, seattle, blogger, fashion, spring

fleur d'elise, blonde, pixie cut, seattle, blogger, fashion, spring, what i wore
H&M striped shirt - J.Crew belt - American Apparel skirt - H&M pouch & sunglasses - J.Crew planner - Vintage Nine West shoes - Vintage bracelets & watch

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Such a cute skirt!! I love polka dots too, but I think my vice is anything sheer. I have so many sheer tops and skirts. I've made 2 sheer skirts in the last 2 weeks!! Love those cute yellow heels. My favorite color! <3

toni

The Hearabouts said...

Oh my, that cupcake is a dream!! I think that you can never have too many polka-dots in your closet :)). Your shoes are just perfect <3

Hugs,
E.

Anna said...

love it! love the combination! i`m mad for polka dots, i don`t think i will ever have enough!

Clu's Corner said...

Ohh I love polka dots and cupcakes!! :D I've just found your blog and your style is so fresh, so girly...love it :)


xoxo
Clu's Corner
http://www.cluscorner.com/

gs said...

I so love the colors in this post! the outfit is adorable, and anything with sugar and lemon in it(!!!) - i die. plus, it looks so spring-summer-timey, and i just can't wait to have bare legs!

-Gillian
www.oystervintage.com

Becky said...

Lemon and mint is such a pretty combination!

Becky
xx

http://www.beckybedbug.com

Ashley said...

Could any giveaway be more perfect for you? Polka dot and AA?? Lucky duck!

Bunnie said...

Abbbbsolutely adorable!

xo

Haylee

http://www.dolledupdaily.com

Lindsay Living said...

You look adorable, my dear! I loved that skirt on you when we met up and I love it here, too. It's great with the striped top and the yellow accents. I think I might be obsessed with those yellow shoes, too!

xo,
Lindsay
Lindsay Living

Unknown said...

Love the color and pattern choice. Your so adorable. I've loved your blog for awhile now.

Daysha said...

So chic! Lovely blog!
xx
-Daysha http://dayshaprettylittlethings.blogspot.com/

Bárbara Santamaría said...

Hi girl! I just LOVE your style! Im following you via Bloglovin, and Im looking foward to see more of your gourgeous outfits! :D
http://shmupilove.wordpress.com

Flavia Alessandri said...

Perfect mix of clothes!
Your choice was amazing!!! Chic and Hyped of course!!!
I'm Flavia - blogger from Brazil!
Nice to meet you honey!!
You have a great hair too! Loved ♥
I hope that you enjoy my blog when you can visit me.
Kisses ~.~
Flavia
Sorry my english!!
http://affairwithmycloset.blogspot.com/

olikaera said...

absolutley stunning outfit, inspired by the cutest cupcake!!!! Love your blog, you are very beautiful and stylish!

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

This made me smile so much...I have that shirt in like a billion colors. And why wouldn't you buy polka dots, huh? They're perfect!

Kirstin said...

Love the cheery mix of prints! You look great in yellow!

mispapelicos said...

I love your outfit, but your hair I adore!!!
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

citizen rosebud said...

You are cuter than a cupcake! Great ensemble, chica.

Unknown said...

Stripes and dots! My eternal love :) So very pretty!

Playing Hooksies said...

You do polka dots so well! Must be the clean hair cut :)

www.playinghooksies.blogpost.com

Blogging tips