Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Look of the Day: expletives


There were many expletives in use today. It was that kind of angry where you just start crying instead of yelling. The whole reason: I've discovered that my new camera doesn't fit on my tripod. WTF, right? Oh, I'm sorry, was making it a standard size too troublesome for you, Fuji? Funny, it fits my other 4 cameras, even my SLR! Such a pain in my ass.
For now, I'm back to using my old camera for outfit photos. These turned out nicely, though, which helped calm me down.
The dress is new-ish and was one of those magical, meant-to-be finds. I had been thinking "I want a dress just like that one Alexa Chung wore in Elle magazine." I even painted a picture of it, but I messed up the face, so I haven't posted it (serves me right for not using watercolor paper). One day I was browsing Value Village with my mom, and there it was! Or at least, there was its short-sleeved cousin! And just my size, too!

Perfect mod coolness.

Anne Taylor Petites Dress - Forever21 moto jacket - Kate Spade ipad case - Xhiliration patent flats - American Apparel tights

12 comments:

Lindsay Living said...

Great dress! I totally got the Alexa Chung reference, too. I love her style. The Peter Pan collar is a great detail.

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

That's such a pain! Can you get a different plate to screw into your camera? I thought they were all a standard size!
Love the dress! I want it too, do you think I'll find it? ;)

Collette Osuna said...

I love the mod dress....the collar is too cute!

Unknown said...

Adorable! Welcome to SSB too :)

xo,
http://prettyinpink925.blogspot.com/

Caitlin M. Peterson of the (ef)Face said...

LOVE that little collar! And the Kate Spade bag...(are you using it as an iPad case or as a clutch? or both? haha)

xoxo http://theefface.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

Well rats about your camera/tripod trip-up! Good luck with getting that figured out. It is in fact a lovely dress; very mod, very now.

Dial V for Vintage said...

Your dress is perfect!! :)

Boheme.Fille said...

That dress is too pretty to be true! :) I love it!
Sorry about all your trouble with the new camera and tripod.

Sarah said...

love this black and white combo!

500daysoffashion.blogspot.com
x

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks for all the lovely comments ladies!

I think I figured out the tripod. Might need a new one anyway. One of the legs is janky.

Little-Hat, I'm using it sort of as a clutch. I was worried I would drop it while taking pics, so I took the ipad out :)

aimee lynn said...

this dress is so pretty! you look awesome. <3 love it!

ladyhoward said...

Grrrl you look so good in these photos. That dress perfectly suits you.

Blogging tips