Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Look of the Day: gingham & denim

My husband didn't want this shirt anymore, so I snatched it up and cut the sleeves off. I've really been wanting a gingham shirt, and even though it's not quite the fit I was looking for, it will do for now. It looks good belted and there's enough material to tie a knot in the front. Thanks for the donation, husband!

Speaking of husbands, Trevor and I have been married for nearly a year! I can't believe it's been that long already! We are planning on going to Tutta Bella for our anniversary, since it's where we went for our wedding lunch. They have award-winning Neapolitan-style pizza and this amazing salad with beats, pistachios, and goat cheese. The salad is so good we ordered two that last time we were there.


Here's that lovely little bag from Mochi Beaucoup again. I just love it with anything blue, but especially navy. It goes nicely since this shade of orange is closer to a neutral than a bright.

J. Crew men's gingham shirt - J. Crew jersey cardigan - Vintage belt and bracelets - Mochi Beaucoup mini bag - American Eagle jeggings - thrifted shoes (similar) and sunglasses (similar)

14 comments:

Boheme.Fille said...

Very cute casual look!

Sandy a la Mode said...

absolutely adore your blouse!!

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I think I am going to go through my husband's closet tonight..this is so great looking!

Jackie said...

so cute--i love your purse! i am following now :)
http://thefashionitlist.blogspot.com/

Fufuquices said...

Your blog is beautiful, I love the recipes
and their looks are cute!
I also have a food blog and other varieties, I visit !
Kisses from Brazil!

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea to steal hubby's shirts. My hubby is tiny though and with my increased bust, his shirts are pretty form fitting on me now. LOL. But gingham always seems to be a "guy" shirt fabric, so I should check for some at the thrift stores and make them more girly. :) That bag is so cute too! <3

toni

Playing Hooksies said...

Aw, happy one year anniversary. That so wonderful - I wish you many years of happiness ^___^

I'm so with you on the gingham. And the color of your cognac purse is also pretty sweet :)

www.playinghooksies.blogspot.com

Alice Barton said...

this outfit is so perfect! just found your blog and I am loving it. happy to be your newest follower. xx
Alice Barton ♥ TheMowWay

olikaera said...

And another classy elegant look, I can't stop admiring your hair cut, it fits you so well - you are beautiful! looking forward to your new post!

gs said...

i love husband clothes! i actually borrowed my husbands dress pants and belted them to make a paper bag waist - it was cute, except i wore them to the airport, and once i had to take my belt off, and stand with my arms and legs apart for 7 seconds... well, lets just say, if i had to hold the pose for 8 seconds, hundreds of weary travelers would have seen my hot box...yikes! anyways, great outfit and airport safe! ;)

-Gillian
www.oystervintage.com

Giovanna said...

Super cute look doll! Loving your cardi!

xx
Giovanna
www.oliveandanarrow.com

MS said...

Nice look!!! :)

If you want to follow me i can follow you back :))

http://msofisticada.blogspot.co.uk/

Allison said...

Such a cute gingham shirt! Love it with the color of your blazer!
And thanks for the sweet comment back on my blog! I'm so happy to know that I'm not the only one who doesn't like to exercise! haha!
I'm now following you. I hope you'll consider following back if you enjoyed my blog! :)

:)
Allison
afashionfiles.blogspot.com

Virginia said...

your style is amazing!! following you now in Bloglovin!
like to follow back? you are more than wellcome!

xoxo!
self-dressed.blogspot.com

Blogging tips