Monday, January 2, 2012

January, supposedly.


After dealing with crazy weather 3 years in a row, I was really prepared to get snowed in again (it only takes like 2 inches). So far, not one flake. Instead we get days like yesterday. 49 degrees and sunny. Apparently, the rest of the country is experience this, too. It just doesn't feel like winter.

Apart from that, Happy New Year! What are you looking forward to most this year? I, for one, am bound and determined to start seeing some improvement in my feet. That is what I'm looking forward to (cross your fingers). I will never wear heels again, but I will be satisfied with just being pain-free. It puts quite a damper on my blogging, as I'm sure regular readers have noticed.

I got these pictures as we were heading out the door yesterday. The cardigan is new and was free with the use of my Chic Points on Chictopia.com. I really love the black piping around the edge.

You know what else I'm looking forward to? The February issue of Glamour Magazine. You know why? Because I made it in!!! The section I'm in was suppose to be in the November 2011 issue, and I figured they ran out of room or I didn't make it. Then, last month, I got word. I feel pretty accomplished. They sought me out for this and I made the final cut. Pretty damn affirming :) Remember, hard work always pays off. Keep blogging, keep writing, keep doing whatever it is that you love!

In this photo:
Tisvin cardigan
Zella leggings
Ray-Ban Sunglasses
Kate Spade iPad case

5 comments:

Ashley said...

Congrats on Glamour! Can't wait to see you in it. Happy New Year!

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

I was going to buy a sweater just like that. Congratulation on getting into Glamour. If you don't mind me asking how did you get in Glamour?

Anonymous said...

Whoa, I'm gonna purchase a copy of Glamour and go looking for you! Congratulations.

ladyhoward said...

Oh yes! When does that issue come out? I can't wait to see it.

Nnenna said...

I really like your cardigan- the black piping around the edge is very pretty! Also, congrats on your Glamour feature! :)

star-crossed smile

Blogging tips