Tuesday, January 24, 2012

snow day


Currently, I am writing from my bedroom. My window looks out on the "yard" and alleyway; greens and greys are the primary shades. It's hard to believe that just 4 days ago it was under 5+ inches of snow and ice. I've never seen that much snow melt so quickly.


We've avoided flooding and burst pipes so far, but our dumpster is completely full (just my luck, as it is NEVER full) and I am still cleaning up mud. Seattle seems to have escaped unscathed, but the rest of the Puget Sound is a different story. Many homes are still without power, a man was killed by a falling tree, and a factory roof collapsed under the weight of the snow and ice. I guess we should just stop being "wimps", huh Los Angeles?

I was lucky that I didn't have to go anywhere and could just enjoy the white wonderland. It was fun seeing my tenant snowboard down our alleyway. How many people can say they have cross-country skied thru their town? Ok, well I can't, but I know some people who can :) I went out walking a couple times, but the cold and the low barometric pressure made my feet hurt SO bad, I couldn't stand or walk for very long. Accordingly, I had to coordinate my outfits around flat, warm boots. This outfit had a lot of fun layers and pattern combinations; I enjoyed wearing it.


Curly Hazelnut in the yard at one of our rental properties.

Don't forget to enter the GIVEAWAY!

In these photos:
J.Crew hat
Forever21 jacket
Vintage sweater
Noble A dress
American Apparel socks
Payless boots
Coach bag

5 comments:

niknok said...

Very pretty! xx

The Niknok Style

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

I love the layering, I'm still trying to figure out how to layer. In Chicago we got like 5 inches and a couple of days later it all melted so I completely understand.

Anonymous said...

I think you've gotten all the snow we are supposed to get. Sounds like you've survived fairly well.

gs said...

that bright hat just makes the outfit - love it!

-Gillian
www.oystervintage.com

Collette Osuna said...

Love layering....you have done it with perfection:)

Happy you are safe!

A Lifestyle Blog where Fashion, Décor & Cooking “connect”

Blogging tips