Tuesday, January 17, 2012

The Four Snowmen of the Snowpocalypse


It's coming!! A whole 6 inches of snow! DOT is putting down so much sand and salt it will be like driving on the beach once all the snow is gone!


Surprisingly, it's not that cold out, so strategic layering is all I need. A loose, heavy-knit shrug to provide warm pockets of air, full length gloves, a beret to keep the snow off my face, and thick socks in my boots; I'm good to go!


So I was trying to come up with names for the Four Snowmen, but I've only got three so far.
1. Pestilence, the Snowman of Delayed Garbage Service
2. Anguish, the Snowman who brings chaos to I-5 and leaves drivers stranded there for 5+ hours.
3. Pain, this Snowman brings icy sidewalks and consequentially, broken tailbones and bruised egos

I'm open to suggestions for the fourth


Cross your fingers that my husband doesn't get stranded at work tonight!

In these photos:
American Apparel beret
Zara top
Harmonic shrug
Vintage fur stole and leather gloves
H&M bag
Zella Leggings
Etienne Aigner boots

9 comments:

Patti Santamaria said...

Love your outfit! Great! I waiting for you on my blog! XoXo

www.shoesandbasics.com

dcresider said...

You are adorable as always. Please send some snow out here in the East where it should be? :)

Anonymous said...

How do you manage it? This looking so French in every weather and with the apocalypse descending?

Collette Osuna said...

I love snow, just not driving in it....:(

Be safe , bundle up and stay inside!!

A lifestyle blog for you, your home & everywhere in between!

skippysays said...

I love this look! It's so French inspired and effortless :) And I absolutely adore your purse!
www.saysskippy.blogspot.com

Annabelle Fleur said...

You look absolutely amazing, I just love looking at your pics! I miss snow in LA, so it's nice to take a look at your pics, Everything looks so white and pretty:)
Love your blog and now following! Maybe you'll have time to visit my blog:)

Kisses,
Annabelle
http://vivaluxury.blogspot.com

Annie said...

Such a funny post! Love your jacket/stole :)

Annie
The Other Side of Gray

Nana said...

I love this outfit so much!! :)

Karolina B-H said...

I've seen your look on hypeed, and have to come here for more!!
lovely style!! and this outfit is beautiful!! btw congrats on F21 ;)
xxo

Blogging tips