Monday, January 30, 2012

don't let it go to your head

For those of you who haven't seen it yet, here's the Glamour shot! I've been meaning to scan it, but that's hard to do without a scanner. Luckily, the people at Glamour were kind enough to post it on their blog Slaves to Fashion . Someone even left a nice comment about it :)



Recently, my father-in-law asked me if it was "all going to my head." So far no, it's still pretty weird seeing myself in a magazine. The more appropriate phrase would be "It's hard to wrap my head around it." Then, while I was doing the washing up, I realized despite my health problems and the drama my feet caused this past year, I don't feel like I missed out on any opportunities. I feel very accomplished, and that's a good feeling.

Photo Credit: Marc Leibowitz for Glamour Magazine

The outfit:
Vintage velvet blazer and hat
Thrifted stripe top
American Apparel skirt
Vintage Coach bag

8 comments:

Mary said...

Wow, congrats Catie! You look beautiful! I actually met Mark when he shot a group of us in Minneapolis about a year ago. What a rad experience! I'm so glad Glamour's getting out beyond NYC. Can't wait to see your issue!

mochaccinoland said...

u look extremely lovely in that photo! and congratulation on being featured in glamour!

Collette Osuna said...

Go you!!! I can totally see why it was chosen...you look fabulous!

A Lifestyle Blog where Fashion, Décor & Cooking “connect”

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

You deserve it! Thats very inspiring to know you didn't stop going after your dream even with the hurdles in life.

Unknown said...

Loving this outfit the skirt is gorgeous x

http://lolitasfashionideas.blogspot.com/

Julia Topaz said...

woah, congrats! that photo is beautiful.

Lindsay K said...

Aww... Congrats- you deserve it. It's inspirational to see people living their dreams and not letting anyone stop them! I love it.

XO from NY.

Lindsay K said...

Ugh... I forgot to add tha you look lovely in that photo:)

Blogging tips