Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Personal Style





As much as I love things like draped styles and ankle boots, they just don't flatter my figure. I am more suited for classic looks. Crisp whites, sleek pencil skirts, feminine silhouettes; blues, blacks, grays, all are more flattering than any post modern ensemble I could create. That is where styling comes in. I need to find models and photo shoots so that I may live vicariously. I need to start putting myself out there more. It shouldn't be hard with a friend like Ashley Chanel who is a professional model and muse. I've worked with her before, but have never flat-out styled her. I've brought items for her to choose from when we walked in a small show together, but that was rather passive styling. It's time to start moving!

About the shirt: I keep cutting things off this shirt. The sleeves are long gone, and then a month ago I decide to crop it. I got half way done and liked the tail so much that I left it.

In these photos:
DIY Nordstrom Men's shirt
H&M scarf
J. Crew jeans
Target flats

Follow me on BlogLovin'

10 comments:

Paint it Black said...

You have such a quirky style I was just looking through some of your last post you also have some great poses.

Love this outfit so chic xoxo

Sophia Molen said...

I like this refreshing style and your natural photo's!

Collette Osuna said...

The shirt is fabulous...what a great idea...you wear this look so well:)

Statements in Fashion

Kirstin said...

Such a great simple outfit!

Haiku Ambulance said...

I absolutely feel you on the crisp whites, classic silhouettes, greyblueblack -ness.

And I have to say that this Ochre flavored scarf is just beyond heavenly on you. There's also something so delicate about your photos. Like you are made of liquid. Like a ballerina. But a really good, classically trained ballerina. Not a pink tutu silly willy ballerina.

I love it.

.Haiku

Kara said...

Okay, officially convinced you can pull off anything!! You may prefer pencil skirts but girl you can rock the skinnies hard and not to mention the self crop top is amazing and the scarf is the perfect touch! can't gush enough how awesome this casual look is!! :)

xo

Kara said...

Hey lady! Thanks for your latest comment!! :)
I was actually approached my a representative who is putting on the beauty event at the Bay and from their I was contacted by Orlane. Totally luck, I swear!!

Indy said...

This is such a chic outfit! I love the scarf and the flats!

The World Is My Runway said...

Love this outfit!

Molly O said...

I hope you don't mind, but I featured this look on my blog and linked it back to you, of course. You can see the post here:

http://missinfluenced.blogspot.com/2011/03/weekly-favorites-about-scarf.html

Thanks!

Blogging tips