Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Strange days





So instead of taking pictures yesterday, I decided to take my dog for a walk. Better for the both of us, I think!

Yesterday was a weird day. It just felt off. I got a weird compliment (if you can call it that) when I was getting petrol. There was a man getting gas at the pump in front of me who I could tell was looking at me when I got out. This made me self conscious, so I checked to see if the tag was sticking out of my leotard as it always does. Yup! So I tucked it in. I proceeded to pay for my gas and then I heard him go "Thank you." I turned and said "Pardon?" and he goes "Thank you. Thank you for tucking your tag in. It was ruining a perfect line." I thanked him, not sure why though.

Now I'm looking at these pictures and am reminded, by my generous calves and thighs, about a woman I once talked with at an estate sale. The conversation last about 5 or 10 minutes and went something like this:

Lady: "Wow! Look at those thighs! You have great thighs! Are you on a crew team?"
Me: "Oh...thanks."
Lady: "You have incredible thighs! Do you play rugby?"
Me: "Nope, I should probably be on crew though. Definitely have the legs for it."
Lady: "Have you ever rowed? You look like you're on a crew team! Great thighs!"


That's the gist of it. I think she also told me to enjoy them because things start to sag with age. I'm still not sure if I should be offended or complemented. She meant the best.

On a side note, if any of you are ever in Seattle (or are already here), make sure you get to Queen Anne and check out Meadow on 6th Ave. West. The owner is lovely and always up for a chat. She fills the store with adorable and affordable clothes, accessories, gifts, and home decor. I bought my shrug there, along with a pear-shaped soap and cafe au lait bowl for my mom's birthday.

In these photos:
Brown Wool-blend shrug by Harmonic
H&M blouse
Shiny vintage leggings
Vince Camuto booties
Classic Coach Station bag

5 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Id feel a little weird by that comment too.....Im sure it took you totally off guard..there have been times I feel the stares as well...I not look at it like a compliment, perhaps you are giving them a visual smile, lol......

Have a fabulous day:)
Statements in Fashion

Stylelover said...

You look great... that bag is so cute. And I must say I LOVE your hair... First time around here but I am coming back for sure!
xoxo
Vicky

Julia said...

I hate days like that :(
I have generous thighs as well (and a volumtuous bottom) so I can relate, had similar comments made to me, people seem to mean well but they don't quite get it do they?

Love this combination by the way!
xo

L.D. said...

Catie!!! I could totally relate! hahaha!!! I was laughing when I read about the lady who made comments about your thighs and calves. I also am endowed with a generous helpings of calves. My mother would tell that my legs are lovely; that they are called barbie legs. I wish I could say, shut up mom, barbies have slim legs. hahaha!!! You are a hilarious girl!

I am following you, i love yer blog!

a said...

You recommended going to Meadow in Queen Anne, which I will make every attempt to do while I'm back visiting. Thanks for the suggestion, I'm always looking for new places to check out when I'm in town.

Blogging tips