Wednesday, September 15, 2010

My boyfriend, the clothes-horse


So my boyfriend really, really likes coats and jackets. He has 3 of the exact same Aeropostale jackets. He just bought a $200 Levi's-Filson waxed something-or-other. He has two closets full of coats. Then last week, I was at his parent's house and his mom asked "Do you want to take Trevor's coats?"

Whaaaa?? More??

This vintage Burberry was sitting on top. I told his mom I would take the "Burrr-bree" for sure.

My boyfriend gets angry when I cuff the sleeves, but the sleeves are too long on me (as always) and who else is going to wear it right now? He looks silly in it since he only wears cowboy boots and won't get a haircut. Oh, did I mention that my boyfriend is 5 years-old? Sheesh.

I love him and I love that we can (mostly) wear each other's clothes. Things are a bit big in the shoulders and arms for me, but I wouldn't have it any other way... Especially since I would risk having a boyfriend with girl arms :/

In these photos:
Vintage Burberry
Thrifted lace shirt
Wool skirt from J.Crew
New Look wedges

5 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

You go girl!! You look fab in the coat.....:)
How cute you can share!

Have a fabulous day!
Statements in Fashion Blog

Kirstin said...

I am so jealous of your boyfriend's fashion sense. Awesome coat! I tagged you in an award. Check it out to see how it works!
http://crimsonrosella-kirstin.blogspot.com/

Julia said...

Go you! I'd steal that coat too!
I wish my boy had better taste in clothing, he's nearly impossible!

Alex said...

oh my gosh, dying. you are so lucky! my boyfriend is hard to even get in a GAP jacket! haha. xo

Haiku Ambulance said...

OHHHHH! I love this. I love how it suits you so well, even being quite large. I don't know, Miss Catie- you have a magical way to carry off pieces that others couldn't dream of.

I love it.

And I'm glad to hear that your boyfriend doesn't have girlfriend arms. That would be creepy.

.Haiku

Blogging tips