Sunday, September 12, 2010

Jill Stuart- Spring 2011




So far this is the only show I've reviewed from New York Fashion Week, and I have mixed feelings about it.

As much as I loved the neutral shades and gorgeous fabrics I was not a fan of most of the silhouettes. A lot of the outfits made the models look rather boxy and large. I love the feminine shapes that are popular right now and I see glimpses of that trend in this collection, but it seems Jill Stuart has taken her own approach to it. The waists are cinched but the shoulders are wide and breasts completely masked. The shape is there, just way oversize for the svelte models that are wearing the garments. In a way, Jill Stuart has jumped ahead of everyone and the "Mad Men" trend to the 60's with boxy dresses, swing coats, and patent boots.



I really like the following two ensembles. They're very ladylike. Beautiful fabrics, beautiful details, and nicely tailored.



The shoes were another subject I found myself very divided on. I loved the cap-toe pumps and wedges (first picture below), but was completely flabbergasted by the "duck-feet" boots (second picture below).

I'm sorry, but this whole outfit makes her look like a duckling.




Photos courtesy of STYLE.COM

1 comment:

Collette Osuna said...

Love these looks...shes one of my favs:

Statements in Fashion

Blogging tips