Wednesday, September 29, 2010

And talk about the weather





Oh man, I have not been keeping up with things! Mostly, it's due to the fact that there hasn't been adequate lighting, but I've also been out and about during the time I usually takepictures. And did I mention my keyboardis fallingapart? As you can see, my space bar is on its last legs. I also just bought a new mouse that can plug into my computer as the one on my keyboard is nearly dead. I guess I must really pound when I'm typing!

The weather here is ca-razy. Cold and blustery one minute, sunny and 70 degrees the next! The humidity has been ridiculous. Believe it or not, we aren't really used to humidity here, at least not the warm kind. Anyway, it's been hard to dress appropriately. It's been so warm and balmy that you can't, or don't want to wear a coat or anything with long sleeves, but then it has also been raining a lot, which makes it hard to go out with exposed skin. Ok, I will stop complaining because today it lovely: sunny, warm, and not humid! I'm ready for scarf weather though!

I wrote this for a contest entry on Chictopia:
Color is one of the most important aspects of styling and design. It’s a building block and can set the whole mood for an outfit. It can communicate a message, a feeling, a position. It can transport you to another time and place. Humans are visual creatures and the information we take in through our eyes has a huge impact on what we think and feel. This is why color is my foundation. I prefer a balance of neutral shades and vibrant colors.The outfit in my photo is a perfect example. I wear dark neutrals from head to toe and then top it off with a bag that features rich jewel tones. The burgundies, golds, and emeralds really stand-out against the brown and black but they also relate. They’re lively, but have an earthiness to them, which connects to the brown.

In this post:
Wool-blend Cardigan by Harmonic
Thrifted oxford shirt
GAP stirrup pants
Nordstrom Comfort Construction shoes
Thrifted duffel bag

5 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Great entry...LOVE your bag and jacket.....:)


Enter my F21 Giftcard Giveaway!!
Statements in Fashion Blog

C said...

Great entry!

I adore this outfit. I'm so inspired!! The bag is fantastic.

Anonymous said...

Caitie--I think you would fit in the bag!

K A T H L E E N said...

that is such a fantastic bag! come follow and vote xo

RedPoppy said...

I'm also waiting for cold winter accessories weather! Loved what you wrote for chictopia, I am also deeply inspired by color.
and yes i most definitely would still like to coffee!
xo

Blogging tips