Sunday, June 9, 2013

Recipe: Spinach-Pear Smoothie

recipe, superfood, spinach, smoothie, drink, diy, healthy, vegetarian, pear, fiber
How much fiber are you getting everyday? FYI, women need 25 grams and men need a whopping 38 grams! I know my husband and I haven't been getting enough, so I've been trying to sneak in a little extra into every meal. I bought a fiber supplement and have been making more beans, which are ridiculously high in fiber. I get bored of beans, though, and tired of cooking, so we have smoothies a couple nights a week. They're a great way to get your veggies and fruit and they're fun to make!

This smoothie has some awesome superfoods in it and contains almost 9 grams of fiber. Drink up!

recipe, superfood, spinach, smoothie, drink, diy, healthy, vegetarian, pear, fiber 

Ingredients:
½ cup milk or juice
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 cup spinach leaves
2 tsp fiber powder
1 small pear, chopped
¼ cup blueberries
¼ cup pineapple pieces
1 tsp chia seeds
½ scoop protein powder (optional)

recipe, superfood, spinach, smoothie, drink, diy, healthy, vegetarian, pear, fiber

Directions:
1. In a blender, combine the milk/juice, lemon juice and spinach leaves. Blend till smooth.
2. Add fiber powder and blend
3. Add fruit, one portion at a time.
4. Throw in the remaining ingredients and blend it all up. Pour over ice and enjoy!

recipe, superfood, spinach, smoothie, drink, diy, healthy, vegetarian, pear, fiber

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That sounds so tasty! I've been wanting to try smoothies with veggies in them and I want to sneak them to my son. :P I'm so bad though because I hate having to clean out the blender afterward, so I don't make too many smoothies at home. I do love them though! <3

toni

Sandra McGrew said...

A friend of mine has been making smoothies lately and I think I'm going to try this recipe!! It's so hard to get those veggies everyday so this is a great idea!

Unknown said...

I agree with the lovehanger- this sounds tasty!!! And excellent point about women not getting enough fiber! Way to keep women informed! Always love your posts! XO!

Courtney

http://www.cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

Thanks for this recipe! I have a hand blender but I've been meaning to buy a heavy-duty one so I can make smoothies like this. Can't have too many fruits and veggies, right?

Blogging tips