Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Look of the Day: Classic Levi's

neon pink, levi's, silk, vintage dior, vintage, banana republic, blonde pixie cut, in style, spring 2013
Let's be honest. I'm wearing mom jeans and... I love them. I found them yesterday at Value Village and I think the trick is the petite sizing. That just means they fit better on my short legs. People can say what they want about tapered jeans and high waists. My ass looks great! And can I get an amen for the stomach flattening miracle that is high waisted denim?? Plus, the tapered jean was just the precursor to the skinny jean. So there.

neon pink, levi's, silk, vintage dior, vintage, banana republic, blonde pixie cut, in style, spring 2013

Something tells me you are probably a little like me: you haven't tried on real denim in a while and you don't even realize it. Everything is adulterated with stretchy this and Lycra that. It fits sooo differently when it's just pure, 100% cotton. There's a certain confidence that comes from wearing something as indestructible as a classic pair of Levi's. It's such a forgiving fabric in more ways than one. I can wear a lighter wash without my legs looking like denim sausages, because the fabric isn't clinging to every dimple, and I won't worry if they get a little dirty out the garden. They were, after all, invented for the indestructible settlers of the Wild West.

silk, blouse, vintage dior, classic levi's, pink lipstick, blonde pixie, street style
 So run, don't walk, to your nearest thrift shop and treat yo self to some vintage Levi's! Your butt will thank you for it.

silk, blouse, vintage dior, classic levi's, pink lipstick, blonde pixie, street style, seattle, details, outfit

silk, blouse, vintage dior, classic levi's, pink lipstick, blonde pixie, street style, seattle
Levi's 550 Jeans - Vintage Dior blouse (similar) - neon pink pouch (similar)- Banana Republic slingbacks (similar) - vintage neon pink bangle (similar)

10 comments:

rosaria de caro said...

Perfect look !
Love your style!
SomeCuteThings

Anonymous said...

There has been more than one occasion where I have almost left my "mom jeans" as jeans and not cut them into shorts. But alas, I'm just too afraid. LOL. But you rock those jeans! Ass is looking good! :D <3

toni

Content Director - Strong Female Leaders said...

Isn't Value Village the best? I need to stop there soon. And yes, the mom jeans look great on you.
Beauty Fashion Skin Care Blog - Girlie Blog Seattle | Cheap Makeup Reviews

Ladies in Navy said...

adore the clutch! great neon addition to the look
ladies in navy

Anonymous said...

Well look at that! You're rocking mom jeans. You really pull it off. Love the shorter length and the slingbacks. It took me years to talk my mom into a pair of bootcuts. What will she say to this? :)

Unknown said...

Love these Levi's- and love them on you! You look so chic with the blouse & flats pairing! Love! XO!

Courtney

http://www.cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

Keit said...

Mom's jeans, or as I like to call them "grnadpa jeans" are the best!
Your ass looks amazing, don't even think about it :D Love the look!!!!

The Photogramps said...

I love this post. It is entirely different wearing vintage denim, you hit the nail on the head, mama. You're right about the non-sausage-looking legs too! Damn that clingy thin faux denim!!

and yes. your ass does look great!
xo
ashley
www.thephotogramps.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I'm not sure if I'm ready to rock the mom jeans, but I love the color combination here and how you style the look! Plus, short haired bloggers need to stick together!

Unknown said...

These jeans look awesome on you! They absolutely don't give you mom jean butt like some pairs can. These are really flattering. I wish I had a pair!

Blogging tips