Thursday, June 6, 2013

Look of the Day: Denim Overall Shorts!

summer style, shorts, denim, GAP, in style, fashion, blonde, fleur d'elise, trendy, vintage
A couple weeks ago, I went to find some denim overall shorts and found nothing but horrible teal corduroy overalls with Tweetie Bird stitched into the front pockets. Maybe that is some next-level vintage fashion, but I am just not there yet. Luckily, this past weekend I stumbled upon not one, but 5 pairs of great overall shorts, all in my size! I had my pick of color and fit. They were all affordable, too! On top of two pairs of overall shorts, including these stripey ones seen before you, I found 3 pairs of great, high waisted shorts. I might list one or two pairs on Etsy, but for now I'm just enjoying changing from one pair to another throughout the day.


summer style, high waist, shorts, denim, GAP, in style, fashion, blonde, fleur d'elise, trendy, vintage, levi's

summer style, shorts, denim, GAP, in style, fashion, blonde, fleur d'elise, trendy, vintage
Gotta love living in the city. I wouldn't mind the graffiti so much if I wasn't the one who had to have it painted over. The city will send you a letter if you don't.

summer style, shorts, denim, GAP, in style, fashion, blonde, fleur d'elise, trendy, vintage
I've been really into painting fabric lately. I made some tea towels for Mother's Day presents. I even half-assed hemmed them! This shirt was about to be donated when I decided I might like it better if I painted it. Turns out I do like it better!
summer style, shorts, denim, GAP, in style, fashion, blonde, fleur d'elise, trendy, vintage
The dots extend down the pleat in the back and then fade away.

summer style, shorts, denim, GAP, in style, fashion, blonde, fleur d'elise, trendy, vintage

Want your own pair of denim overalls? You're in luck! I just listed these cuties on Etsy today! They're all yours for $25.
esty, denim, gap, overalls, spring, fashion, jeans, in style, 2013
GAP vintage overall shorts (similar) - white button down shirt (similar) - Black MIA flats (similar) -Vintage Nordstrom sunglasses (similar)

7 comments:

Ladies in Navy said...

you look fantastic! i love those overalls. remind me of childhood oshkoshes
kw ladies in navy

Kallie, Happy Honey and Lark said...

WE are totally on the same brainwave right now. This weekend is dedicated to the search for perfect shorts-overalls.

Love this!!! And the shirt underneath is perfect :)

Anonymous said...

So happy you found some overalls! I always see those "Tweety Bird-esque" ones too. LOL. I haven't been finding too many jeans in my size to turn into shorts. They are always way too big. Glad you found a good bunch! But seriously, when I move to Portland, I want us to go thrifting together. I want shopping buddies! :) <3

toni

Keit said...

Blah, you have to paint it yourself? That doesn't sound fair >.<

Awesome overalls, those are golden finds!
Looking pretty as always ^_^

Anonymous said...

You are beyond cute! These overalls are so adorable!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Unknown said...

So cute! Love this darling! XO!

Courtney

http://cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

Unknown said...

cute! why don't you put some studs on the jeans???

ciao :)
Chiara
www.chiaweb.it
www.fashionbloggersmap.com

Blogging tips