Thursday, July 26, 2012

DIY Beauty

Skincare doesn't have to be a science and I've learned, the simpler the better. Here are two of my favorite recipes. 
 This first recipe is from a magazine, maybe Bazaar, but now I can't remember. Anyway, it's not my original idea and I'm not claiming it as such.

I got the recipe for this great facial scrub from my lovely sister. It's soothing and softening, and has a gentle cleansing effect. It's perfect for all skin types.

Recipe:
1 tsp honey
1 tsp baking soda
1-2 drops lavender oil
2 drops warm water

Mix ingredients together in a small bowl. Massage gently into skin in a circular motion. Rinse with warm water.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

oo i will have to try these they sound amazing!! yes i just joined the fb page and am really excited! i hope i will be able to make the next meet up :D

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com

Cee said...

Oh, how clever! I'm running out of face scrub and have been considering my options, mainly looking for something that's inexpensive but still works well. It never occurred to me that I might find it in my kitchen cupboards! Must try these recipes asap :) And I just have to tell you, I've been loving your paintings lately. They're adorable! You should set-up a little etsy shop and sell them :)
xox,
Cee

Thrifted Shift said...

Oooh, I might have to try that lip polish! Thanks!
--Vivienne

Anonymous said...

Hm, I'm curious about the face scrub. I always admire your rosy complexion.

Celia Indriana said...

That's facial scrub looks great! by the way I'm your new follower, mind to follow back?

Blogging tips