Sunday, July 15, 2012

3 ways to wear it

updos for short hair, romper, stripes, red lips, summer fashion
This is my favorite romper. I couldn't decide how to wear it, so I styled it 3 different ways.

1. girls' night in
updos for short hair, romper, stripes, red lips, summer fashion


Don't need to go too fancy, since I'm probably just going to spend the night drinking wine, chatting, and solving the World's problems. I went for a light sweater, a cute pair of flats, and used a little clutch to carry just the necessities.

2. girls' night out
updos for short hair, romper, stripes, red lips, summer fashion
For going out, I paired the romper with a thrifted white top. If it wasn't so warm, I'd go for a blazer or my moto jacket. When I go out, I like to bring a shoulder bag, as I'm less likely to set it down and forget it. Black wedges make the outfit a little dressier and are much easier to walk in than pumps.

 3. lazy sunday
weekend wear


I tried 3 different times to take photos of this version of the outfit and ended up with one usable photo! So instead I took the opportunity to make a set featuring similar items that are available in stores. This version of the outfit is perfect for lounging around the house, but still looks put-together enough to be worn to the farmer's market.

Look #1: Vintage chambray romper (similar) - American Apparel headband - H&M striped sweater (similar) - Sam Edelman flats (similar) - H&M clutch
Look #2: Thrifted top - Cooperative canvas wedges (similar) - Vintage Coach bag - Thrifted cateye sunglasses
Look #3: Thrifted top -Forever21 glasses - Harrod's tote bag - Vans Classic Sneakers

10 comments:

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

great outfits!love how you styled it so differently. I would totally wear all of them :) great job!





chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

gs said...

i'd be interested to know how you styled your hair! how did you get it to stay back/poofed? backcombing? product? you should do a hair post!

-Gillian
www.oystervintage.com

Ashley said...

I like the first one. I like the light blue/chambray color combined with black & white stripes. Good stuff Catie!

Ema said...

Amazing!;)

Lizzie said...

Eeeep! I love this! Especially the 1st look with your green flats :)

xo
Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Ani Barrington said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ani Barrington said...

Love the romper. Great restyles!

Lindsay Living said...

I love your looks! All three of them. You look adorable in that romper, and the little black headband is a nice touch.

Alicia said...

lovin' the first look! i have a similar romper and i've been dreaming up new ways to wear it. :)

xo alicia

Ania Kot said...

each way is cool

Blogging tips