Friday, July 20, 2012

Look of the Day: City Slicker

I am happy to say that the only thing in this outfit that I bought brand new is the flower pin. I've gotten some good use out of it, too!
Everything else is vintage, or at least thrifted. The sunglasses were found at a rare English yard sale on the way back from Bournemouth. They usually have huge boot sales out in fields, where everyone parks their cars and sell things out of their trunks (i.e. car boot), but this one was in someone's actual yard. These sunglasses were my favorite for quite sometime, but the lenses started falling out, so I retired them from regular use. Aviators seemed like the perfect style for this outfit, though.

After I had put the outfit all together, I realized that I looked like some city girl trying to fit in on the ranch. I’ve got the right combination or leather, denim, and gingham, but the accessories say something different. Heels in the barnyard? Ridiculous!

 This is a charm bracelet I've been working on for a while. It has a lot of vintage charms and ones found at garage sales; charms I bought in Scotland and at Stonehenge; one from my friend Tiana and a multitude from my dad. I'm pretty sure the Texas charm is a garage sale find. It's one of my favorites.

Friday Fashion Fact
Like the word "calico", the name for gingham was brought over from East Asia by English and Dutch traders. Read more about it here.

Diesel denim vest (similar) - Vintage gingham blouse (similar) - H&M flower pin - Belt by Bianchi for L.L. Bean - Vintage pleated skirt (similar)- Vintage Nine West heels (similar) - Vintage Wrangler sunglasses (similar)- Vintage leather satchel - Sterling charm bracelet

11 comments:

Thrifted Shift said...

Haha! City girl on the ranch! You look adorable. I like the pleated skirt and flower especially. My mother in law gave me a charm bracelet and a few charms a few years ago and I never used it, but now that I'm really into bracelets and admiring yours, I might have to get it out!
--Vivienne

Fashion With Ellie said...

You look amazing!! Love the flower =)

Ellie

Despina T. said...

so beautiful!lovely outfit.amazing skirt and shoes.stylish girl :)

Ashley said...

Hooray for that Texas charm! If you ever tire of it, let me know!

Anonymous said...

The story of the calico is fascinating! I love this look--especially the pops of color in the flower and the nails. And, you could wear this in the country, if you stepped very carefully.

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

what an amazing outfit! love the bag :)






chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com

dcresider said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this outfit!! You look awesome.

Anonymous said...

Great outfit!

want to follow each other? :)

www.minnieknows.blogspot.co.uk

Ani Barrington said...

Such a cute outfit. I have every element of your outfit but never thought to put them all together!

Sophia said...

I love how the flower just makes the entire outfit 'pop'! x

nancy @ adore to adorn said...

This outfit is SOOO much fun!! I love it!
xo,
nancy

http://adoretoadorn.blogspot.com

Blogging tips