Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Look of the Day: namesake

Dear Suede Jacket,
Poor neglected little jacket. I'm sorry I forgot to style you. You see, I just wasn't sure you worked with "my style". I was wrong, and I'm woman enough to admit it.
 Thanks for bringing so much boho-vintage chicness to my basic jersey maxi dress. It was in dire need of some bad-assery! (note: I just made that word up). Thanks for making me feel a tiny bit like Kate Lanphear.
Sincerely, Catie
 P.S. I got this super cool, GIANT vintage leather bag at Kaleidoscope Vision on Capitol Hill when I was hanging out with all those cool ladies from the Seattle Style Bloggers meet up. 

H&M Maxi Dress (similar) - Felicee leopard print belt - Vintage suede jacket (similar) - Vintage Liz Claiborne bag - Urban Outfitters sunglasses - DIY infinity scarf - Bracelets are vintage & Forever21

14 comments:

Pam @ over50feeling40 said...

I love the jacket with this and never would have thought to put the two together...it looks really cool!

Patti Santamaria said...

i love tour jacket! XoXo

www.shoesandbasics.com

Despina T. said...

amazing!love the maxi dress and your hair look wonderful!

JOIN MY GIVEAWAY AND WIN A £50 VOUCHER HERE:
http://www.fashionforlife1.blogspot.com/2012/04/motel-rocks-giveaway.html

gs said...

aren't those the more fun thrift finds though? the ones that are a little unusual and a little challenging, but they turn out totally awesome? yes, the answer would be a definite yes!

-Gillian
www.oystervintage.com

Brooke said...

I love how you paired these pieces together. So delightfully unexpected. Also, you have seriously amazing hair. And I hope you don't mind if I use your new word. There are a few things in my life in serious need of some bad-assery as well! Thanks for stopping by my blog! XO

Boheme.Fille said...

I just love your hair color and that jacket kicks ass!

Fufuquices said...

Your blog is beautiful!
I really like your style!
I love the posts about food!
I have a food blog and other varieties!
I invite you to meet my blogs!
Kisses from Brazil

V said...

Very pretty, the suede jacket is very cool! I'm having a resort swimsuit giveaway on my blog, I think you'll love it please pass by to enter!

-V
http://stylishlyme.com/

Thrifted Shift said...

Great outfit! I especially love your dress!
--TS

citizen rosebud said...

I love how you paired that jacket- makes me love it even more that you didn't boho it. You look so effortlessly chic- cool cool chaquita!

Rebecca said...

Just found your blog and now I want a suede fringe jacket. Looks great, and surprisingly versatile.

Emanuel I. said...

I just discovered you and I truly like your style.
Congrats & followed!
:D

Sarah | Cable Car Couture said...

Totally loving this maxi! In one of the first shots, it looked like it had a sweet vertical line cutting across the front. A fun play on shadows.

Sarah
Cable Car Couture

kvbazaar.com said...

We're just now finding this. This is great! So happy you snagged that bag. Come visit us soon!

XO
KV Ladies

Kaleidoscope Vision
eyesclosedpalmsopen.blogspot.com

Blogging tips