Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Color Trends: Fall/Winter 2012

A couple weeks ago the Wall Street Journal had an article in the Off Duty section titled "There Will Be Oxblood." It was their tepid review of NYFW. One thing they pointed out was the prevalence of the color known as oxblood. It's a deep red, and reminds me more of ketchup than oxblood (I'm more familiar with the former).

After pouring through the photos of LFW, I noted some color trends for Fall/Winter 2012. Here is my prediction:
F/W 2012



Orla Kiely


Mulberry


Maria Grachvogel


Mary Katrantzou


Acne

Don't forget the Mac and Cheese! This yellow reminds me of the powdered cheese in those little pouches. It's day-glow delicious! (Seriously though, I love it!)

Bora Aksu


Moschino Cheap and Chic

2 comments:

Patti Santamaria said...

love this trend! xoxo

i waiting for you on my blog!

www.shoesandbasics.com

Thick Threads said...

well it would be bad if the colors didnt rule. but they do so we are all gonna be super guilty of buying into all of this trendy goodness! im glad there will be more mustard around this spring!

btw there is a giveaway on my blog. check it out!
http://thickthreads.blogspot.com/2012/02/hey-cutey-review-and-giveaway.html

xo
A_Riot

Blogging tips