Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Look of the Day: Fall Tie Dye

It's amazing how one little spelling error can affect your entire concept of something. For instance, tie dye. I have been spelling it "tye dye" for years. Thanks to Google, though, that spelling error has been remedied and I've created new pathways in my brain! It's named after the process! I finally get it. I am a bloody genius #NotAGenius.


Here are some tips for wearing tie dye:

1. Avoid multi-colored tie dyes and go for neutral and monochromatic palettes

2. Pair with crisp menswear pieces for a perfectly juxtaposed outfit

3. Use it when pattern mixing! The organic randomness pairs nicely with strict stripes or preppy polka dots

I'm not sure why, but these sunglasses are up for grabs on my Etsy shop. They're super cool. It's hard to part with them. They're American Optical, from the 1960's, and feature heavy-duty hardware, flexi fit temples and a classic Wayfarer shape. Go buy them before I decide to keep them!

Gap jean jacket - American Apparel button down - Coach bag - vintage American Optical sunglasses - Thrifted pants - Madewell flats

4 comments:

Tori said...

Very cool pants! That print is crazy amazing
-Tori
Fashion, Trends & More

Unknown said...

Those tie dye pants look perfect paired with your classic jean jacket. Such a cute casual outfit while also being trendy and fun!

Keit said...

Bahahah, cheers for this new discovery :D I always misspell a lot of stuff, thank God there's google for that :D

Adore the whole ensemble, especially the jacket and amazing glasses!

Anonymous said...

You're so cute about spelling tie dye! Those pants are pretty cool! I have yet to take on the tie dye trend, but I love it on you! <3

toni

Blogging tips