Saturday, August 25, 2012

Look of the Day: Birthday Suit

 vintage, blouse, seattle street style, summer, fashion, blonde, short hair, fleur d'elise

Here is an outfit I've created mainly from birthday presents and other new items. I bought myself the blazer at H&M and my sister picked out this gorgeous silk blouse. It's so delicate, I'm sure I will have destroyed by the end of the weekend. Isn't the pattern pretty? It's sort of half floral, half abstract, and I love that the roses are brown.

...Dang, I just realized I forgot to wear the Madewell earrings I bought for myself as a birthday present! Oh well, next time.
vintage, blouse, seattle street style, summer, fashion, blonde, short hair, fleur d'elise
 Other new items: The sweet high-waist shorts I found at Value Village for like $1.50 (!) and the clutch was on clearance for $5 at Target. The shorts seem to have shrunk a bit in the wash. Glad I didn't put them in the dryer, because I can barely sit in them, haha. Will have to do the old lunge-and-stretch trick to get them to ease up a bit. They look so much like the American Apparel high-waist jean cuff short, minus the cuff.

vintage, blouse, seattle street style, summer, fashion, blonde, short hair, fleur d'elise

vintage, blouse, seattle street style, summer, fashion, blonde, short hair, fleur d'elisevintage, blouse, seattle street style, summer, fashion, blonde, short hair, fleur d'elise

H&M Blazer - Vintage silk blouse - Vintage high-waist denim shorts (similar) - Felicee leopard print belt - Target embroidered clutch - Cooperative canvas wedges
 ♠

14 comments:

DOWNTOWNCHICAGOBARBIE said...

Loving the new lay out with the bigger pictures. That vintage shirt is so cute but the kicker is the $5 target clutch.

Cee said...

I just have to tell you, this look is so much better than a traditionbal birthday suit :) You have some serious thrift skills; can't believe you found high waisted shorts for $1.50! They look awesome on you. And that blouse (which I seriously hope you don't destroy because it needs to be added to many more looks), while completely out of my normal comfort zone, is pretty much the best thing ever. Just saying. Happy belated birthday, miss! Hope is was wonderful :)
xox,
Cee

Boheme.Fille said...

Lovely! I really love every piece you're wearing!

watermoolen said...

Happy Birthday! I am glad you got to celebrate in style. : )

Crystal
http://www.crystaldots.com/

squidword said...

Happy Birthday!! so chic wedges and blazer!! love the patterns!!
mychoicesaremystyle.blogspot.com

Thrifted Shift said...

Haha- lunge and stretch! You look so chic!

Ashley said...

Ah the lunge and stretch dance. We've all done it! Lovely look and your sis did a wonderful job picking out that blouse!

Anonymous said...

The blouse is simply gorgeous!

Daysha said...

Love the blouse with your shorts! Your hair is looking so so cute Catie!
xx
Daysha ♥

Anonymous said...

LOL! Our great minds think alike because I was just thinking those high waist shorts look just like the ones from AA! They are super flattering on you and I love that they are a dark wash. Your blouse is also so lovely and I love the sort of abstract print. This is a fantastic look girl! <3

toni

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

love this look!awesome blouse :)




chocolatefashioncoffee.blogspot.com/

Andria R. said...

You look lovely and got awesome presents. I lurve that clutch.

http://indiepunkgoddess.net

Lizzie said...

Ooooo that blouse is so great!! I adore the pattern!

Also, those high waisted shorts look AMAZING on you :)

xo
Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

I LOVE your haircut! I've been growing mine for over a year and you make me want to cut it again :(

Blogging tips