Saturday, April 2, 2011

Necessities

A black turtleneck has been on my list for a while, and I finally found one. It's Merino wool, fits perfectly, and was only $5!


Even if you feel that turtlenecks are unflattering, you should still own one for practical purposes. Even if you live in Southern California! What if you decide to go skiing?? You will be so cold in shorts and a tank top! So buy some pants, too. Those are very practical.

On a side note, if you're ever in Seattle, make sure to get yourself a cupcake or two at Trophy Cupcakes. I think they are the best. Their chocolate frosting is the pinnacle of perfection.



And that is my fashion tip for the day: Buy cupcakes and pants.

In these pictures:
GAP turtleneck
Forever21 skirt
Aldo shoes and bag
H&m glasses
Trophy Cupcakes

10 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Great advice.....I cant believe you scored that TNeck for $5!!! Good for you!!!
I have a few....for some reason I think they make me look like I have two necks, lol..you on the other hand, look great in yours:)

Miriam said...

I looove this outfit! The sunglasses and striped skirt are fantastic additions to that perfectly-fitting turtleneck :D I agree, turtlenecks are a must-have. And pants. And cupcakes!
M xo

mary louise said...

great turtleneck, such a steal :)

http://styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

Ashley said...

That is the best fashion tip I've ever read....hehe!

Hello Chictopia friend! I am your newest follower, because I'm a big fan of your style!

http://stylecurrent.blogspot.com

CatieBeatty said...

Yes, Ashley, many people forget to buy pants! Il est tres tragique!

Thank you for following me :) I am following you as well!!

Collette, some days I look great in a turtleneck, others I am nothing but a big doughy face with no neck. Turtlenecks can be tricky!

Baby Budget Blog said...

Love this look! So old hollywood off duty! Love the stripes and the bag and the oversized shades! And great score on the turtleneck! Worth every penny!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Ashley said...

Hey Catie: I was looking for your email address but couldn't find it.

I'd like to mention you in a post this week and link to your blog. Thanks to you, heart-shaped sunglasses are on my upcoming monthly wish list. =) Would that be ok with you?

If you'd like, you can email me at stylecurrent@gmail.com.

Thanks! Ashley

Anonymous said...

think I'll buy the cupcakes before I buy the pants.

♥ Honey on top ♥ said...

this makes me think about јean seberg….so cute!

islabell said...

love this outfit.
and i have those sunglasses! wear em everyday
x

Blogging tips