Saturday, April 9, 2011

Brand New

Seattle, American Apparel, denim shorts, chambray, j.crew, street style, spring fashion, blonde

With the help of gift cards and discounts, I was able to get both these items for super cheap! The top is from J. Crew and has the cutest heart pocket! Based on that detail alone, I was completely sold. Plus, chambray was on my wish list for Spring!

The shorts are from American Apparel and are the most flattering shorts I've ever owned. I'm really not a shorts person, but I quite liked the way these ones looked. The high waist is awesome. I'm looking forward to styling them in a classic 50's sort of way.

Seattle, American Apparel, denim shorts, chambray, j.crew, street style, spring fashion, blonde
I am fighting back the urge to talk about the weather. It's the #1 factor in deciding what I wear, but who really wants to read about that?
Seattle, American Apparel, denim shorts, chambray, j.crew, street style, spring fashion, blonde, catie beatty
Goodness, I love this look. I hope you do, too!

In these photos:
J.Crew Chambray Shirt
American Apparel Bull Denim Cuff Shorts
Aldo Flats
Vintage Belt
Handmade Necklace

16 comments:

katherine said...

so cute. ive been wearing these high waisted jeans and they are really flattering cause they cover my stomach. i need to buy high waisted shorts now. i rally like your necklace.

CatieBeatty said...

Thank you KO!! They elongate everything too! So nice :) I made this necklace a while ago. I need to make you something AND teach you how to make stuff! Both are on my To-Do List.

Ashley said...

I learned to sew when I was little, so that helped a lot!

You, my friend, are well on your way to becoming a Style Icon on Chictopia. I can't wait!!!

CatieBeatty said...

Ashley, I bet you $10 you will become a Style Icon months before I do!! haha

Feathers said...

I have vowed many times never to talk about weather, but it creeps in sometimes. It's so hard not to! Love those shorts, I think a good pair is one of the hardest wardrobe items to find.

C said...

Yeah, this outfit is pretty much perfect! I love the light neutrals and summery pieces. :)

FashionJazz said...

Love your shirt! :)

www.fashionjazz.co.za

mispapelicos said...

Cute and very lovely is what comes to my mind when looking at you.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Miriam said...

Haha I always talk about the weather in my posts! I have to check the weather network every day before I get dressed ;)
I love this look, the shorts look great on you and with the chambray shirt! Loving the sunglasses too :D
M xo

Anonymous said...

Oh, I like your new header and those ARE the most excellent shorts.

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE the top....both are great pieces....and yayy for bare legs! We had a hot one yesterday.....

Valkocompany said...

Very cool

Haiku Ambulance said...

GOODNESS! I certainly do.

Those shorts look so amazing on you. Like, wow.

I'm kind of speechless. I also cannot fathom how those are flats, but I will let that slide.

You look so perfect, so timeless, and so- gah. I am editing myself so I don't come across as a total perv. Ya dig?

Now, about the weather...

Zoë

CatieBeatty said...

Hahaha, Zoe, that's the best comment. It made me laugh quite a bit. I think I'm standing on my toes in these photos, which is just as bad as wearing heels.

Thank you, dear!

Cee said...

I love the heart pocket on your shirt, that would have been a huge selling feature for me, too :) This look is so deceptively simple and well put together, you look amazing. You have might just have the best hairstyle I've ever seen. Love it!
xox,
Cee
http://cocoandvera.blogspot.com

maria said...

lovely outfit and LOVE your hair style!!

xoxo

Blogging tips