Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mary Poppins plays baseball


Maxi skirts always surprise me. They are way more versatile than you would think. In cold weather you can wear a complete pair of pants underneath and no one will be the wiser!


Yesterday, while I was playing catch and working on my baseball skills (surprisingly, I do not suck), I realized exactly what makes most skirts a bad choice for most activities: they are usually too short and constricting and you lose your range of motion. A maxi, my dear friends, with restore this range of motion and provide you with yards of modesty! This article is starting to sound like a pamphlet from 1906... Anyway, when the skirt started to trip me up, I just knotted it on either side, and continued on!


Yay for color! And blue sky!



In these photos:
GAP cardigan
Vintage sweater vest
DIY circle scarf
Forever21 skirt
Thrifted flats
Ray Ban Wayfarers

9 comments:

Baby Budget Blog said...

Love your title and this outfit! The bold stripes are great as is the maxi!

www.plentyforpennies.com

Come check out my skull bracelet giveaway!

mispapelicos said...

What a brilliant idea.
I love, love the maxi skirt with the stripe top and the splash of yellow. Wowwwwwwwwwwwwww.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Collette Osuna said...

Nice colors today....we have the same skirt..Im thinking Im gonna tie that sucker too!

mary louise said...

love the shirt

http://styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

excellent skirt!

Princess White said...

SOOO UMMMMMM YEAH ONCE I SAW YOUR HAIR I REALLY DIDNT NEED TO GO ANY FURTHER...U GET A FOLLOW JUST FOR HAVING "GAG WORTHY" HAIR!!!!!! YOUR STYLE=DOPE......THANKX MANAGEMENT

Thick Threads said...

HI! found your blog on chic topia, I love your stly! i love this outfit! the yellow and blue go so well together! :D

xoxo
A_Riot
http://www.thickthreads.blogspot.com/

♥ Honey on top ♥ said...

Hey Catie! I love your skirt, it`s such a lovely color and the combination it`s great. And i love your blog i can`t believe i didn`t find it earlier! :*

Anonymous said...

I like it :)
kiss :)

Blogging tips