Saturday, August 14, 2010

Velvet






Here's another one of my recent finds. It's all sorts of awesome and I fall more in love with it every day. On top of having usable pockets, it also has leather shanks on the sleeves and as front closures. It' also fits me absolutely perfectly in the shoulders and the sleeve length is dead on. I'm not sure if it's my frame (I'm on the small and short side of sizes) or just the way American blazers are made now, but I have the hardest time find blazers, coats, jackets, etc. that will fit me properly. It's a little roomy in the waist, but shoulder and sleeve are crucial bits of tailoring when it comes to dress shirts and blazers. I would almost say that nothing else matters when it comes to jackets and blazers. Dress shirts also need to be fitted properly in the chest and waist because these have to be buttoned up, but blazers can be left open if they're not perfect in those areas.

I plan to live in this blazer come Fall.

In this picture:
Vintage velvet blazer
Danskin body suit
Forever21 skirt
Thrifted leather belt
MAC lipstick
Madden Girl Pumps

3 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Classic and chic....love it!!

Anonymous said...

like your style ;)

Livia

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks girls!!

Blogging tips