Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Sun





It's finally back, and with a vengeance! My car was like an oven! I think I have burns from my leather seats.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do come winter. Will I have enough light to get any good photos? I may need to move everything outside, which I'm not thrilled about, simply because I don't want my neighbors staring at me while I'm posing. Also, I'm the property manager of my apartment building and running around taking pictures of myself might not look that great, professionally speaking.

Anyway, this dress is more suited for Fall. It doesn't quite work by itself.; definitely looks better layered! It's one of the many treasures I've found recently. It's old and feels like wool, but is probably just acrylic.

Today I put back 3 leotards at American Apparel and a pair of shoes at Urban Outfitters, mainly because I felt like I shouldn't spend the money. Also, all the items I wanted to buy were things I knew would be there when I went back. Well, at the last minute I decided to go into Buffalo Exchange and I hit the jackpot! I found two out of three of the leotards I wanted in the right size and color! I also found a Danskin bodysuit in similar colors to the one I wanted at AA but with diagonal stripes instead of polkadots. It was only $2.50 and the other leotards were $11 and $12.50. I also ended up finding a great pair of blue pumps for $15. Pretty successful day!

In this series:
Thrifted wool scarf
J.Crew cotton jersey cardigan
Vintage Kelly green dress
Madden Girl pumps
Vintage tortoise shell earrings

5 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Great outfit...super chic!..love the scarf and the bold green color....sounds like you had a great "find" shopping:)
I know how you feel about the pics....my daughter does mine...but its hard making sure a gazillion eyes arent on you.....lol....have a great one!

Kara said...

Love this outfit! Very fall indeed but that's never a bad thing! :)

I always love finding things identical to AA but wayyy cheaper haha. sounds like you had some great luck!! :)

xo

Anonymous said...

Love your hair! :)
V.
http://themulticolorplanet.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

oh i just adore the green skirt you've got here! how incredibly lovely!

xo

justyna

CatieBeatty said...

Thanks everyone! Justyna, I love your blog so much!

Blogging tips