Saturday, July 27, 2013

Look of the Day: Cape Cod Kwassa Kwassa

seattle, preppy, lifestyle, summer fashion, vintage, blonde, in style, high waisted, pastels
Every summer I find myself favoring a certain style or aesthetic. Last year, I was in love with bright colors and stacked bracelets; a sort of glamorous prep in the spirit of Atlantic-Pacific. This year, those mixed patterns and bright accessories are still on the menu, but the mode du jour is vintage prep, circa 1980s and 1990s.

seattle, preppy, lifestyle, summer fashion, vintage, blonde, in style, high waisted, pastels
I've always had a soft-spot for preppy classics, like boat shoes and oxford shirts, but I love the idea of adding Ikat patterns or raw, organic fabrics to give an outfit a bohemian twist. For inspiration, I listen to Vampire Weekend, especially their song"Step" which is like watching Ferris Bueller's Day Off for the first time. It's perfect. 

seattle, preppy, lifestyle, street style, summer fashion, vintage, blonde, in style, high waisted, pastels
I stumbled upon this amazing letterman's sweater when I was browsing the kid's section at Goodwill. It was like $5. All wool, made in Boston, and the pockets and vest of the sweater are one piece (I can't even figure out how they did it). It's such a treasure! I found the shorts at the same time. I love the stripes.

seattle, preppy, lifestyle, summer fashion, vintage, blonde, in style, high waisted, pastels

seattle, preppy, lifestyle, summer fashion, vintage, blonde, in style, high waisted, pastels

As a treat for readers, I'm having a sale on everything in my Etsy store!
etsy, sale, blogger, vintage, fashion
Use the code MIDSUMMER11 to get 10% off your purchase! Hurry! The code expires July 31st.


Vintage Letterman Sweater -Vintage windowpane shirt (similar) - Vintage shorts (similar) - Sam Edelman flats (on sale) - Oasap sunglasses - Woven necklace (similar)

9 comments:

Ladies in Navy said...

those shorts are lovely and i like the light feel of this outfit!
kw ladies in navy

Dox said...

You look so pretty :)
That sweater is so cute!

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

just love this outfit! especially the sweater :)




ChocolateFashionCoffee

Tara said...

I want that shirt! Let me know if it ever ends up in your Etsy store!

Anonymous said...

You look so beautiful in this letterman jacket- what a steal, too! So jealous that you found such a great quality piece for so cheap! I'm a big fan of "preppy" clothing as well, I'm especially fond of J Crew right now!

Xo, Hannah

sweetsweetnoir.net

Unknown said...

You look so adorable! This vintage outfit definitely suits you :) Loving the subtle mix of prints too!


Veloria in Velvet
www.veloriainvelvet.wordpress.com

Keit said...

I loooove mixing prints and seeing how other bloggers do it, you rock ^_^ Adore the shorts!

Unknown said...

Loving this print mix- fabulous my dear! you're gams are looking amazing too! It makes me want to head up to Cape Cod! Who's with me?! :)

XO! Courtney

http://www.cupcakeobsessions.blogspot.com/

Cee said...

There is something very Ferris Bueller-esque about this outfit... maybe it's the sweater? I mean that as a compliment, in case it wasn't clear; to me Matthew Broderick was by far the best dressed person in that movie, except perhaps for Charlie Sheen :) I have to say, I love that you actually embrace certain styles and aesthetics in summer... I just try to get through the season wearing as few clothes as I can reaonsably get away with. Heat is not my thing.
xox,
Cee

Blogging tips