Monday, October 24, 2011

time to pretend




I wish I could say I wore this look all day, but I was only able to enjoy it for a little while. I'm still suffering from tendinitis in my feet and can't wear "fashionable" shoes for very long. I am resigned to wearing tennis shoes and Naots; shoes with lots of padding and little style. Tendinitis takes so long to heal!


My ex-podiatrist (he did not have enough time for me so I've stopped going to him), said to find flat, stiff-soled shoes. Turns out that is nearly impossible to do! 99% of shoes have a slight heel and/or are completely flexible in the forefoot.


Enough about my dumb feet and on to a happier topic! My husband and I are leaving on our "honeymoon" on Wednesday. We will be spending 5 days in northern California. Specifically, San Francisco and Santa Cruz. His mother has cousins there, so we will staying with them. Other than that, we don't really have any plans. Our most recent trips (Baltimore and Houston) have been exhausting, because they both involved weddings. We spent our days "off" running around like mad. This time we are just going to relax and go with the flow. The weather looks like it's going to be perfect and since we will be there in the off season, the crowds will be smaller. I'm excited :)

I'm hoping to do some blogging, or at least take outfit pictures while I'm there, but it's always so hard when you have a limited wardrobe!


So about this look. Today I discovered that I can zip the wool liner out of Trevor's Burberry trench coat. Happy discovery since that coat is too big and kinda looks ridiculous on me. The liner fits well under my cheap-o Forever21 coat. I'm loving the mix of patterns too. The skirt is from Value Village and features messy polka-dots, as you can see.



In these photos:
Forever21 Coat
Burberry wool liner
American Apparel leotard
Vintage skirt and belt
GAP clutch

9 comments:

RedPoppy said...

Now that's one very clever styling idea about zipping out the Burberry lining, genius!
x
redpoppyfashion.blogspot.com

mochaccinoland said...

very chic & stylish! love the mix of prints and the layering :) hope your feet recover soon!

islabell said...

your coming to san francisco!?!?!? Girl you should hit my up when you are in town. lets get coffee!

Anaivilo said...

The dots are so cool, I love how you styled them :D Gorgeous! ;)

Collette Osuna said...

Sorry your feet are acting up again...I remember that whole ordeal when you had no idea what the pain was:( No worries...these little flats look equally cute....how smart of you to take out the liner.....it looks fab like this!!!

Enter my Shabby Apple Fab Frock Giveaway!!

sherri said...

Oh man...I have feet problems too and it is sad. And I'm short so I like wearing heels but my feet can't handle it for long periods.
Congratulations! Hope you have fun on your honeymoon! San Fran is a great place to choose.
I absolutely love that skirt! Great find! Thanks! I got my skirt from forever 21. Yeah...I want to try going gradually shorter. We'll see how long it takes :)

Thick Threads said...

you look absolutely stunning! so chic so elegant :) lovely! enjoy your honey moon. California is amazing

xo
A_riot

This Charming Style said...

I'm a little bit late! But, I am sorry to hear about the troubles your feet are giving you :( and (although I am late again) I hope you have a wonderful honey moon!

That skirt is sooo gorgeous, and it's so cool that you can unzip the liner! It looks so chic, and also very warm! xx

Sandra McGrew said...

I love EVERYTHING about this look!! Fantastic!
xo-Sandra

Blogging tips