Monday, November 22, 2010

Oh Lordy

Seattle has been hit by some VERY early winter weather. First, let me say that we rarely get any snow. Second, when we do, omigod, the panic! The entire city shuts down. Currently, my boyfriend is stranded downtown, because his bus never came. Luckily, we have a friend who lives about 2 blocks from the bus stop my boyfriend was at. Who know's when he, or anyone else will get home. We have dubbed it "Snowpocalypse 2: Snowmeggedon."

Did I mention that we have about two inches of snow?

Now down to business. One of fave songs inspired this post, "Head Over Heels" by Tears for Fears. I watched the video and was very inspired by the Eighties-ness of it. The "love interest" is this librarian who is impeccably styled. Crisp, structured blouse; full black skirt; brown frames; a haircut similar to the one I had when I was 5. The bangs go on for forever (thanks Mom, nice work with the bowl). Somehow the haircut works really well in combo with the huge glasses. I love the whole look and decided to share it with you all. Here's the "Literal Version" of the video, which is pretty well done.



AND here's my Polyvore version!

2 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

Love your Polyvore...sorry about the snow..Im just waiting to wake up and see it outside my window....uggghh

Stop by and say Hello:)
Enter my Spotted Moth Giveaway♥

Anonymous said...

Catie--you could easily do this look! Try it.

Blogging tips