Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Wedding attire

I'm flying out to Texas for a wedding this weekend. When I asked what the color scheme was I was told "Teal and shrimpy." My first thought was "Eww." and I had this image in my head:



But I decided to go on Polyvore to see if I could make it work, and whaddya know? They're a great match!


Now if only I had ANY of these pieces. The garments I do have in these colors are too warm for Texas :( It's going to be 82 degrees with 60% humidity. That means no fur stole for me *double sad face*

7 comments:

Kirstin said...

Haha, darn, no fur stole! I'm sure you will make it work!

Collette Osuna said...

LOVE the camel and green....have fun at the wedding..take lots of pics:)
Enter my Wendy Hammer Designs Purse Giveaway♥
Statements in Fashion Blog

Marguerite said...

I have to say, "teal and shrimpy" sounds quite scary ;) but I'm sure you'll find just the perfect outfit...will you show us the result?

Anonymous said...

Ha--the problem was with your friend's description. I look forward to see your ultimate ensemble.

Kara said...

shrimpy?? what kind of a descriptor is that? lol
good picks none-the-less! Hey, I can lend you my tan JC snicks...too bad Canada and Texas are in opposite directions :(

xo

Justyna said...

beautiful interpretation!

Anonymous said...

Hi,

I have been reading your blog for quite a while now and I just wanted to tell you I love this collage a lot really. The reference to shrimp really killed me. And the comment was not going at all how I have planned but my keyboard won't let me type coherent sentences.

So yeah, I love the collages and have a serious crush on your writing style oh and did I mention your boyfriend's clothes....

So for all those above mentioned reasons....could we stay in touch via bloglovin or google or something else that they came up with while I was sleeping????

Love from Toronto, Canada

Blogging tips