Sunday, October 24, 2010

Secret Party!


Success!

I threw a surprise party for my boyfriend this weekend. He would never agree to a party or birthday celebration, so his sister and I were forced to go behind his back. It was a lot of fun. A couple friends asked me the usual "What did you do today?" to which I replied "I worked at the cafe and lied to Trevor. A lot."

The theme was Trevor-themed, which meant everyone dressed up like him (denim, plaid, and denim) and we put cowboy decorations up and wore fake mustaches. Our friend Tara made him a cake based on his favorite cookies: molasses and ginger snaps. It was amazing and I'm sad I left the rest at the party.

I stole his Cheap Monday jeans (fit perfectly!) and a vintage Wrangler I bought for him a while back. I topped it off with my vintage cowboy boots and a belt he brought back from Texas for me.

As always, Trevor looked a little like a bum. A bum who is wearing $650 worth of Bum Brand clothing. He had on his Wings & Horn sweatshirt (which he gets a lot of comments on), A.P.C. jeans, and Lucchese horse-leather boots. Really, I don't think I would know about these brands if it weren't for my boyfriend. They seem to be brands that are real popular among guys, and not so much among the ladies. I have an appreciation for A.P.C., though. I'm always drawn to their stuff when I'm at Blackbird in Ballard.

3 comments:

Collette Osuna said...

HOw cool you threw him a "Surprise behind your back party"...love it!! You both look cute too!!


Enter my Tulle Giveaway♥

Kathleen said...

Awesome! I love the Trevor theme. Also, that cake sounds DELICIOUS.

Haiku Ambulance said...

Probably the best theme ever for a surprise birthday. And that picture of you guys is so adorable. I love it!!!

How is it that these guys manage to spend so much on clothes and still look.... like bums??

.Haiku

Blogging tips