Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Recipe: Everything Cookies

These are basically oatmeal cookies, but with some improvements and additions. They vary a little every time I make them, since I usually use what's on hand, so this recipe can be tweaked to your taste.

Ingredients:
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
Dash of cinnamon
-
1 stick of unsalted butter
½ cup coconut butter
1 cup white sugar
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 teaspoon maple flavoring
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 large eggs
-
½ package chocolate chips
¾ cup dried fruit (raisins, cranberries, apricots, etc.)
½ cup chopped nuts
3 cups oatmeal or other rolled grain

Directions:
Preheat oven to 375°f
1. In the bowl of an electric mixer, cream butter, coconut butter, and the sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time, followed by the maple flavoring and vanilla extract.

2. In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, and dash of cinnamon.

3. Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture until fully combined.

4. Add the oatmeal (rolled rye and barley are great, too!) and dried fruit, followed by the chocolate chips and nuts.

5. Make golf ball-sized balls of cookie dough and place 1 to 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Transfer to cooling rack or plate and let cool.

Notes:
These can be dairy-free by using all coconut butter instead of regular butter, but make sure the chocolate chips are dairy-free, too!
Needless to say, if you have a nut allergy, leave out the nuts!

4 comments:

Fufuquices said...

Hi, honey!
I love oatmeal cookies, I always buy at the supermarket.
I've never made biscuits at home, but I promise to try your recipe!
It pudding recipe on my blog, my favorite pudding!
Kisses for you

Lizzie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lizzie said...

Yum! My favorite cookie is oatmeal, chocochip and raisin! I need to try this recipe :)

xo
Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

ladyhoward said...

Mmm these look great! Come to Maryland and I will bake them for you.

Blogging tips