Friday, June 29, 2012

In Photos: back home

 Just got back from a trip to my state's capitol and the surrounding towns. I didn't grow up in Olympia, but it's where my mom lives now, so I consider it home. Mom's house is always home :)
They have a baker's dozen of baby bunnies. All charming shades from the grey scale, save for one brown baby.
There's lots of beautiful poppies, full of lots of busy honey bees, which I took lots of beautiful pictures of. I will save you the hassle of having to look at all of them.

 Sweet Cicely

 Fred, of Fred & George

Arugula Flower

And then there's my niece. She's a tall two-year-old.
 She loves clothes and pretending she is me, which is quite flattering! She picked out this bag from Olympia's newest vintage boutique, Psychic Sisters. I bought a couple things as well: a sleeveless button up in powder blue gingham and a sherpa-lined Levi's jean jacket that is, unfortunately, sized for my niece. If you're in Olympia, make sure to stop by Psychic Sisters! They have a great collection and great prices.
I had a lovely time, as always, and didn't want to leave. My husband kinda missed me, though, so I'm back in Seattle.

My outfit: American Apparel dress - Thrifted flats - Vintage Liz Claiborne bag - H&M necklace as bracelet - Forever21 & vintage bracelets
My niece's outfit: H&M dress - vintage purse - Forever21 glasses - felt shoes by Kitzbuhel


6 comments:

Thrifted Shift said...

Love those poppies and your neice is such a cutie! Looks like you had a nice time- maybe I should hang out in Olympia sometime. You know I've lived in Seattle almost my whole life and never seen the capitol?
--Vivienne

N said...

hey nice blog to read:)))Im happy to follow you if you like mine too follow me too:)and btw congrats to look on FF front page, cute skirt:)))
http://fashionismypassion-nickey.blogspot.sk/

Lizzie said...

I LOVE Olympia!! I grew up on the coast, so everything to do and everywhere to go shopping was in Oly or Seattle. There was one point in my life where almost every weekend I was up there....so nice :)

xo
Lizzie

placeclevertitlehere.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, I love your niece's pose in the last pic!

Ashley said...

Gorgeous photos, Catie! And your niece is a doll.

Emanuel I. said...

OMG how stylish is the litle girl!?!?!!
:D
Love it...

Blogging tips