Friday, December 13, 2013

Look of the Day: Tartan Christmas


Recently, I've had the pleasure of hanging out with the Citizen Rosebud who lives just up the hill from me. She is a fashion blogging genius with a wonderful eye for vintage. She let me go through her trunks of treasures and style some pieces. My absolute favorite was this bright scarlet skirt from Pendleton. It has a matching blazer, which we both agreed is something no normal human being can pull off. That is a lot of fiery tartan! The skirt alone is such a statement piece, I thought it would be perfect for Christmastime, when you want to wear something extra special to parties and gatherings

I paired it with a simple wool sweater, a skinny belt, and a strand of vintage rhinestones. For outdoors, the fur would be around my shoulders.

If you're interested in the skirt, you can contact me or Bella. It's also available at Beats & Bohos in the Greenwood. If you're not in the Seattle area, you can also find her vintage goods on Etsy!

We're planning a big giveaway in January, so stay tuned!

11 comments:

citizen rosebud said...

You amaze. You look stunning in that ensemble. I love how you've put together classic pieces and made them "on trend." Fantastic use of vintage plaid tartan, and perfect for the holidays! It is a pleasure to work with you, to hang with you, to know you! xo. Bella

Anonymous said...

Really pretty look! Love that skirt and the fur. Perfect for a holiday party. :) <3

toni

Unknown said...

Haha I love when I find vintage matching separates. You could always wear the jacket in a different outfit! I love this plaid skirt though. It's perfect for this time of year.

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

great skirt :)


Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page

mispapelicos said...

You are just adorable, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Boheme.Fille said...

That skirt is gorgeous! I love tartan!

Keit said...

Wow, super cool skirt O_O You gorgeous lady!

Vera said...

wow,this is perfect :)

Ladies in Navy said...

this is so pretty!
kw, ladies in navy

rosaria de caro said...

Great look !
rosariadecaro.wordpress.com
Facebook

ladyhoward said...

Simple and elegant and perfect. You win again, Catie!

Blogging tips