Friday, December 27, 2013

Look of the Day: Plaid Peplum

choies, peplum, woolen, christmas, street style, winter
The plaid peplum I ordered off Chictopia came just in time for Christmas! It's made from soft, thick flannel which was one of the main reasons I bought it. So warm and cozy, while still being playful enough for a celebration! I was a little disappointed when one of the seams split on the shoulder, but that's always a risk with mid-range clothes. Seam allowances are minimal! Since I'm such an impatient sewer, I just used a hot glue gun and it looks good as new.


Christmas is done and the bustle is not quite so hustled. I'm always a little melancholy about it, but mostly because I love the preparation and anticipation! I made quite a few gifts this year and about 20 cards. I even hand painted a lot of my wrapping paper. It means one of two things: I either have too much time on my hands or I am an excellent manager of my time. Neither seems like it could be true.

paper bag, gift wrap, handmade, diy, christmas, noel

I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas! Mine was spent with everyone I love, save for a few friends who felt it was necessary to spend their time with their real family ;)


6 comments:

ChocolateFashionCoffee said...

just love the top!! :)



Saci
ChocolateFashionCoffee
ChocolateFashionCoffee Facebook Page
ChocolateFashionCoffee INSTAGRAM!!!

Ladies in Navy said...

so perfect! adore this top on you
ladies in navy

Unknown said...

Oh man this plaid top is awesome! What an adorable take on a flannel top. I'm glad you were able to fix the seam that broke.

Lubka Henry said...

Nice casual chic look for the holidays :)


Lu
www.balgarka.co.uk

Keit said...

Perfect top, it looks amazing! And I fall in love with your hair more and more *_*

Btw, that wrapping paper is so pro, awesome!

Nana said...

The plaid peplum is pretty!
Happy holidays :)

Blogging tips