Friday, November 9, 2012

DIY: Pumpkin Spice Syrup

pumpkin spice, homemade syrup, gift ideas,diy

I love pumpkin pie spiced anything, but with one exception: I hate pumpkin pie. I think it's the texture. Anyway, I found a nice, cheap jar of pumpkin pie spice at Trader Joe's and have been putting it in everything. I used it to flavor apple jelly, sprinkled it on cereal, and put it in my coffee. This morning, I had the thought to make pumpkin pie spiced syrup. It turned out delicious. I used it to sweeten 2 cups of coffee today and have my mind set on pumpkin pancakes tomorrow morning! I will let you know how they turn out.  For now, here's a recipe for the syrup.

pumpkin spice, homemade syrup, gift ideas, diy, 3 ingredients

Ingredients:

2-3 medium-sized pillars of piloncillo sugar
-OR-
2 cups brown sugar

1 Cup water
2 teaspoons Pumpkin Pie Spice

A clean bottle

Directions:
1. Sanitize the bottle in the dishwasher. If you don't have a dishwasher, wash the bottle with hot, soapy water and sanitize in a pot of boiling water.
2. Place the water and sugar in a small sauce pan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Stir frequently.
3. Once the sugar is completely dissolved, check the syrup's consistency. It should be thickening by now. 
4. Mix in the pumpkin pie spice and remove from heat.
5. Use a funnel to carefully fill your bottle. Enjoy!

pumpkin spice, homemade syrup, gift ideas,diy
This makes a great gift! It's easy and cheap!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is such an awesome idea! I agree with you about pumpkin pie, the texture is pretty gross! You've got such nice handwriting by the way :)


-Haylie

Thrifted Shift said...

Cool! I didn't know you could just make syrup! What a lovely gift idea, too!

Carolyna's world said...

so so great idea dear

bridalbuy said...

Looked so yummy! GJ!

prom dresses

Anonymous said...

Super cute!! Where did you find the bottle??

Blogging tips