Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Fall Wish List: Bright colors


There is no reason Fall should be limited to dark, neutral colors reminiscent of forest mould. That's why this Autumn, at the top of my wish list, are bright colors. I have 3, maybe 4 reasons, for putting color in such a lofty position.

#1
They're perfecting cheering up any gray Seattle morning and, if you think about it, will make the transition from Summer to Fall that much easier.
Which brings us to...

#2
You already have all the brightest pieces in circulation, don't you? Yes you do, because they're always popular during the Summer! Now just layer them up and you're set for cool weather!

#3
I haven't gotten enough of the color blocking trend. I want to do more! It's so fun, so bold, and so graphically pleasing. You look like a chic piece of modern art in color blocked clothing.

#4
Oh yes, I already mentioned it. Brights are perfect for cheering up a gloomy Fall day!

If you're really itching for some new pieces for your wardrobe or you just can't seem to get the Popsicle stains out of that one yellow top, then I highly recommend checking out J.Crew's Fall 2011 line. Color is everywhere! They took out all the stops and have done some daring, yet ingenious styling. Just look at this red and fuchsia combo!!

I'm buying those trousers as soon as they go on sale! Check out the rest of the lookbook at Refinery29

5 comments:

This Charming Style said...

Some great reasons there! I definitely agree with you, I have just bought an orange dress for h&m in a thick material, ready for fall. Can't wait!xx

Ashley said...

That inspiration photo is so you! Can't wait to play with all the brights for Fall.

Gray Lavender said...

I agree with you! I'm so ready to wear more bright colors this fall :)

http://www.sentidodelamoda.com/

Anonymous said...

I LOVE these!! Only problem: I usually start feeling bad after a while when I combined colorful pieces... don't ask why :D

Have a great day!!

xxx

LyddieGal said...

I'm a fan of keeping my brights in rotation throughout the fall! Add in some rust, deep greens, and rich browns...

Chic on the Cheap

Blogging tips