Friday, August 26, 2011

Fall Wish List: Accessories


I would like to introduce you to one of my many treasures: My cheetah fur collar. I think it's completely amazing! The epitome of exotic.

I purchased it for $20 in an antique store in the capital city of Olympia, Washington. It has to be at least 30 years old, if not older. In the 1980's, it became illegal to sell or trade endangered animals and products made from those animals, and these days you still can't trade something like cheetah fur over state or international borders!

It seems that at one point, the collar was attached to a coat. It also has the name "Gail Ladage" written on the underside. I would love to know the story behind this lovely piece of fur.

This collar is just one piece of fur from my ever-growing fur collection. It's amazing what you can find at thrift stores and garage sales! I have a rabbit fur stole that I have featured in at least one post, a black rabbit ushanka, and a huge wrap-around stole made of wolf (I think).

It seems I am set when it comes to Fall accessory trends! Fur and faux fur has been predicted to be one of the many popular trends for Fall clothing and accessories. But what if you're too grossed out by real fur and not thrilled about faux fur's tendency to look cheap? Well, there are plenty more trends to follow, love, and make your own.

Fall Accessories



1. You'll need a couple classic belts to go with all those midi skirts!
2. Leather gloves are very versatile! Perfect for fetish-inspired styles or classic mid-century looks. Plus, they keep your hands warm, duh!
3. We've already talked about this, need I remind you? Fur is warm and on-trend.
4. Can't get enough polka-dots! Umbrellas are perfect in this fun pattern.
5. Cat-Eye glasses: the perfect way to accessorize classic feminine looks or even add a touch femme to masculine looks, like we're seeing in Moschino's F/W 2011 line.
6. I'm not really sure if this is a trend. I just really like that cuff.

12 comments:

Julia said...

That collar is AMAZING!!! And I love it with the striped top xo

Kirstin said...

You just made me more excited for Fall fashion than I already was!

Unknown said...

very cool items Catie!! That would be my wish list too... Kisses honey !!

dcresider said...

Can't wait for Fall. It's been 90 degrees plus out in the East Coast with lots of earthquake and hurricanes. I'm ready to wear some boots now.

This Charming Style said...

wow, it's an amazing collar! fab outfit :) xx

Ashley said...

I'd love to pick up a pair of leather gloves, but I really have no reason to. I do, however, always find a way to wear fur!

Isabel Hendrix said...

OO! I like those leather gloves a lot, but I would rather have not real leather.. pleather all the way! lolz
I like your collar!

Daria said...

oh, that's an amazing outfit!

And I loved all the things from your wish-set :)

xxx
Daria

C said...

Fall accessories are so fun. I love the season of just layering on the collars, scarves, bangles, and jewelry, until you're positively jangling with funky touches.

Also, I love this outfit. Your fur collar is the perfect touch. :)

Unknown said...

Ahh this is so perfect! You can really pull off a vintage inspired look! Love it! I'm your newest follower by the way!

-Meg

Tara said...

I love this outfit!! Where did you get the hat?

STYLE MARMALADE said...

Really love the styling in this look! really screams fall to me! so classy and fabulous!

Blogging tips