Monday, October 29, 2012

Looks of the Day: Variation on a theme

Fall Fashion: Vintage velvet & fur

Can't decide which version of this outfit I like better. What do you think? Skirt or jeans?

Fall Fashion Vintage velvet & fur

fall, fashion, vintage, wedges, madewell, denim, fleur d'elise
Today was gorgeous here in Seattle, which of course made me feel guilty, considering what the East Coast is going through. As we speak, my friends are hunkering down and preparing for the worst storm to hit New England and the surrounding states probably ever (or so they say). I am hoping that it doesn't turn out as bad as they predict. There's always a chance that the storm changes course or weakens. Fingers crossed!

Fall Style: Madewell highriser jeans & an oversized cardigan

fall, fashion, vintage, wedges, madewell, denim, fleur d'elise

Thrifted cardigan (similar) - Vintage velvet  skirt (amazingly similar!)- H&M knit cap (similar) - Target kid's t-shirt(similar) - Madewell Meshbound earrings - Vintage fur stole (similar) - Aldo purse - Madewell Skinny Skinny Highriser Jean - Forever21 bracelet - Cooperative wedges (similar)


16 comments:

ladyhoward said...

I LOVE that skirt, but the wedges with the jeans really make that outfit for me. A toss up for me over here. I wish I could say I look half as fashionable while weathering the storm (ha); I've been in gym clothes alll day.

ladyhoward said...

Also, those jeans fit you amazingly well; do you recommend them for a lady with a smaller waist and wider hips? I've been in the market for a pair of high waisted pants.

CatieBeatty said...

Laurel, we have the same body type, so of course they would work, or at least fit! They would probably look even better on you. I had to do some strategic bag placement, because I was looking real hip-y today.

Thrifted Shift said...

You look good in both, but the skirt is so rich and velvety!

Unknown said...

The whole ensemble is a win! It reminds me of old Hollywood glamour.


Crystal
crystal dots.

mispapelicos said...

As you could expect from me, I love the skirt option the best.
Wonderful how it blends with the colours of nature in autumn.
I wish you would post more, ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Vezilka said...

Both outfits have its flare. The one with the jeans is a bit more contemporary, but as I am a sucker for skirts, and this is an amazing vintage outfit, I'd go for the skirt.
Love your style, as always :)

Erin said...

Oh god, I don't know, I love them both! The skirt makes the whole outfit look so glamorous, but I think the jeans are more my style.

- Erin xo

365mu.blogspot.co.uk - One girl's attempt at creating 365 different make-up looks in as many days

Anonymous said...

I like them both, but lean more towards the jeans. (i'm a pants girl.) however, i do love that skirt! great color.

Anonymous said...

love the the version with the skirt, I think it's super chic!

Anonymous said...

I'm a jean girl at heart, so that might be swaying my opinion, but the skirt with the sweater is too much on your cute little frame. It's overpowering a bit, maybe a bit frumpy. I love the skirt with the blouse though. It's the sweater that needs a sleeker base like the jeans!

Avec Amber said...

Hi from another Seattle blogger! I just found your blog through Lindsay Living, and am your newest follower on GFC. I really like both of your outfits, but I think the skirt wins for me. =)

I would love it if you have a chance to check out my blog and follow me back if you like it!

Avec Amber

Janice Thi Tran said...

Love the cardi, reminds me of fall.. Sending love from New York City, hope you are well. Please follow me! & like me on Facebook! If you have bloglovin, we should follow each other!
xox
Janicethitran.com
<3

Vera said...

love the colours! great outfit :)

Ulla-Marie said...

The second picture! Very beautiful.

Unknown said...

The skirt version : so so chic !

See U !

Blogging tips