Thursday, October 18, 2012

Look of the Day: Pattern Mixing

Fleur d'Elise, pattern mixing, leopard print, polka dots, fall trends, beret, in style
Fall is in full force. The leaves here are finally changing and I saw it rain, like really rain, for the first time in months. Strangely enough, the sun is back. It confuses my Seattleite brain, but I love it regardless. I've been walking my dog, which is amazing, considering the ordeal I've been through with my feet. I can do so much more now, and it makes me incredibly happy. I can be on my feet for a couple hours before they start bothering me!
Fleur d'Elise, pattern mixing, leopard print, polka dots, fall trends, beret, in style
Needless to say, I've been packing in activities while the weather is nice. I went for a long walk all over the Madrona neighborhood with my friend Ashley and her darling little boy. I've also been baking (I ate about a dozen pumpkin-pear muffins), painting & crafting, and have started experimenting with homemade fragrance oils. I have sage, coriander, black tea, and coffee steeping in jars of oil. They're all lined up on the window sill. It takes a week for them to fully steep, so I'm not sure if they're going to turn out. Fingers crossed!

Fleur d'Elise, pattern mixing, leopard print, polka dots, fall trends, beret, in style

I've also been experimenting with my nails. I'm obsessed with gold accents right now, so naturally, a gold-tipped manicure was in order. I found a really easy way to do it with the help of this nail tutorial.

What have you been up to? I hope you're enjoying Autumn as much as I am :)

P.S. Don't forget to enter my Vivilli Fashion Giveaway!

Fleur d'Elise, pattern mixing, leopard print, polka dots, fall trends, beret, in style
Forever21 dress - PINK leopard print cardigan - Vintage Coach - MIA flats - American Apparel beret - Thrifted leather belt

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love this mix of polka dots and leopard print. I must try this combination some time. The beret is so fun too. The fragrance oils sound fun. I hope they turn out for you! <3

toni

Nana said...

great outfit! :)

Anonymous said...

Ooh so French! I love it all!

Anonymous said...

I really love that dress. Looks gorgeous with that coat!!
LaceyLoves

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love the leopard cardigan and it is genius to pair it with polka dots. Glad to hear that your feet are doing so well and what I wouldn't give for one of those muffins you've been eating.

Cee said...

Oh, hello miss French girl! Seriously, everything about this look is so very Parisian, I had to do a little double take to see that you hadn't, you know, moved in down the hall from me :) I love everything - the polkadots, the leopard, THE BERET! I could go on, but I think the capitals have probably given you a pretty good idea of how enthusiastic I'm feeling about this look ;)
xox,
Cee
PS: Hurray for sun in Seattle this late in October!

mispapelicos said...

Wonderful pattern mixing indeed.
XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Veronica said...

Love how you combined the prints!

xoxo
Veronica

Chic All Over

Anonymous said...

Great pattern-mixing! And I love the nails. Gold tipped = trés chic!

Bishop And Rook said...

I LOVE the polka dot leopard print combo! I would totally wear something this. Gotta love Forever 21.
xo
Kristin
bishopandrook.blogspot.com

Ms. Falcon said...

this mix of prints is just amazing. loooooooove it.

http://wardrobexperience.blogspot.de

Blogging tips