Saturday, June 11, 2011

Product Review: Benefit's B. right!

product review



While at Ulta recently, I picked up three samples of Benefit's new line B.right!, but before I dive into my review, let me start off with a little story.

I started my junior year of high school with a new perfume: Ralph by Ralph Lauren. I had been keeping the perfume in my locker when it inexplicably sprung a leak. My locker smelled so strongly of Ralph that I eventually stopped using both the perfume and the locker.

What does this have to do with Benefit's new line? Well, it smells exactly like Ralph by Ralph Lauren. It smells so strongly that I was a little nervous to try it out. You wouldn't spray yourself straight in the face with perfume, so why should your lotion be as heavily perfumed? I was right to be nervous.

I tried three different products from the line: It's Potent! Eye Cream, Total Moisture Facial Cream, and Triple Performing Facial Emulsion SPF 15 PA++. I liked the feel of the Facial Emulsion, but didn't notice any obvious signs of "radiance." The most important thing I observed while using these products (this is the part where I was right to be nervous), was that I broke out in rashes.

Under your eye is quite possibly the worst place to have a rash, and I had one. Then I got a nasty one on the sides of my nose. A week and a half later, that rash is finally disappearing. Bottom line: Use caution when trying out this product, ESPECIALLY if you have sensitive skin or occasionally sensitive skin.


I don't break out all the time. I can even use some highly perfumed facial products, such as Dior's Capture Totale Foundation, which is basically tinted Dior perfume, so I was quite surprised at the reaction I had to Benefit's B.right! line.

Even though the packaging is really pretty, I will not be going back to purchase this product.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

=( Hope your face clears up fast!

Anonymous said...

thanks for the review :o I don't think we can get it in Belgium, but I'll be cautious if I get tempted when I'm in London :D

Have a nice day!!

Despina said...

never tried them but thanks for the review,they've just arrived in greece and i won't bother using them.!really like your blog.i am definitely following you.follow back if u want :D

skin products said...

you have got quite a interesting webpage ! My partner and i came across a hyperlink with it upon the competition blogs in addition to i should confess I like your weblog more than his or her, usually do not end by using writing a blog I actually really love reading your articles!

Blogging tips