Saturday, March 5, 2011

Saturday


Finally a Saturday off! My boyfriend and I went to our favorite Seattle neighborhood, Ballard, to check out the newly-remodeled Field House. They seem to have made it bigger, but I'm not sure how. Maybe just took down shelving. Also, I'm hoping their plan is to get more products, because it seemed kind of empty.

The concept behind the store is pretty neat. They carry a lot of things that an old general store would have; pipes, wool blankets, eggs and milk, penny candy, new and vintage clothing (mostly men's), and the wonderful mending kits shown below.


These mending kits are assembled by hand by the Field House employees and come with everything you need to keep your clothes tip-top. I have a thing for kits, and couldn't pass them up. My favorite feature is the pincushion affixed to the top of the lid. Such a great idea!

As for clothes at Field House, I have included a picture of my boyfriend, who could be a poster-child for the store. Levi's, Filson jacket, bandanna, vintage boots; he really should work there.



In These Photos:
J.Crew Cardigan
Thrifted top & scarf
Ray Ban Wayfarers
Zella Leggings
Chloe Flats
Aldo Bag

10 comments:

mary louise said...

awesome sunglasses, you look great.

http://styleaccordingtome.blogspot.com

Kirstin said...

Yay, you are outside! Gorgeous photos! I love your lipstick!

CatieBeatty said...

Kirstin, I know, right?? Finally an outdoor shot because I finally had the guts to get my boyfriend to take them.

Thanks for the comments ladies :)

katherine said...

that lipstick looks so wonderful on you.

C said...

Woah, you're boyfriend is a stylish dude! I love your outfit, too. Those shoes are fabulous. :)

Collette Osuna said...

You guys both look great.....and the store is my kinda store.....:)

Stop by and say Hello:)
Statements in Fashion Blog♥

Kara said...

Friggin love this! You look awesome- so relaxed chic and the lipstick is the perfect punch! What a cool store. And your man is definitely my kind of a man! Too cute! :)

xo

Miriam said...

I love your style so much!! The way you're wearing the scarf is great, and I love the shades!
M xo

Anonymous said...

I love any place that sells penny candy! Left my comment on your outfit at Chictopia!

STYLE MARMALADE said...

I adore this look on you! you look so stylish your hair the glasses, the stripes, lipstick everything looks perfect here! so chic! love it. x

Blogging tips