Monday, September 24, 2012

6 Ingredients or Less: Easy Appetizer Recipe

Gourmet food doesn't have to be complicated or expensive. Stick with in-season ingredients and look for sales.  I've  been developing simple, yet delicious recipes that are fancy enough for entertaining and easy enough to make any weeknight. Here's a starter for starters ;)

Fig & Goat Cheese Hors d'Oeuvres
 I've you're not a fan of goat cheese, try it with plain Greek yogurt.
fig recipes, appetizers, easy cooking

Ingredients:
4 slices of nice, crusty bread
4 oz. goat cheese -or- Greek plain yogurt
6 to 8 fresh figs, sliced
2 Tbsp honey

Directions:
Spread goat cheese or yogurt on the slices of bread. Top with 4 to 6 slices of fig. Drizzle with honey. Enjoy.

figs, in season fruit
I'm so in love with this little fruit.

1 comment:

Thrifted Shift said...

To be honest, I don't think I've ever eaten a real fig, but I'm ready to try! If there's bread, honey, and goat cheese involved, how could it go wrong?

Blogging tips