Thursday, September 8, 2011

Faux Fall



I really wanted to dress for Fall, but it was 80 degrees out, so I had to fake it. It seems like I’ve done a lot of this this summer. For the magazine shoots in July we had to dress for Fall, and even though it wasn’t very hot, it was incredibly muggy and very uncomfortable wearing jackets and hats. I learned, though, that adding some key pieces-a hat or scarf, maybe a jacket just on your shoulders-can really make an outfit look seasonal without making you too miserable, plus you can take them right off when you’re done shooting. So for any of you ladies (and gents) who live in warmer climates where you don’t get cold weather even in January, why not style those looks anyway? This whole blogging thing is about developing your styling talents, so why not push yourself and experiment in areas of fashion you’re not as experienced in? This goes for everyone in cold climates, too!


For me, styling is like playing dress up; I can go wherever I want and be whoever I want just by changing my skirt. Today, I’ve decided to go to Post-War Paris. Where do you want to go?

In this outfit:
Vintage wool beret
Vintage velvet midi skirt
GAP t-shirt and cardigan
Xhilaration flats

11 comments:

Baby Budget Blog said...

Ah, the red hat was the perfect topper for this outfit!!

www.plentyforpennies.com

P.S., I NEED your vote to win. Please check out my latest post for details. Thank you!!

Kirstin said...

You totally look like you stepped out of post-war Paris, I was thinking the whole time, she looks so FRENCH!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad you wrote this post. I have 4 wool skirts laid out for the month, but I doubt it will get cool enough to wear them. I'm going to style them anyway.

That beret is your signature!

Gray Lavender said...

I love your blog and I have awarded you the ‘One Lovely Blog Award’. To accept the award visit my post about and follow the instructions!
Congrats!

http://www.sentidodelamoda.com/

Anonymous said...

you look like the small fly agaric!:)charmingly.

bea.

Cosmia, Inflammatory Knit said...

So jealous of your faux fall! We have the real deal in Dublin right now, although the damp chilly weather is quite nice and atmospheric I suppose.

Ashley said...

Post war Paris! Brilliant. I was just thinking of how effortlessly French this look is.

Trivia said...

you have a really nice style :) following*

Sarah: said...

You are so absurdly cute -- I just found your blog and I immediately have to resist the urge to chop all of my hair off!

Lovely style -- I'll be back to visit again! :)

This Charming Style said...

You look gorgeous, very clever faux fall look! I love your Paris inspiration, the hat looks amazing xx

Cee said...

I want to go to post-war Paris pretty much every day :) I've been struggling with the same thing as you, I want to dress for fall but the heat just won't allow it! I love the way you managed to work with it, though. That red beret is adorable on you!
xox,
Cee

Blogging tips